Monday, April 05, 2010

Nervous much??

April 5, 2010 - Day Five

I hate it when the gas light comes on.
I start sweating.
As if the car will
IMMEDIATELY run out of gas
when the light comes on.

I picked up Hayden from preschool on Thursday
and the light came on
during our drive home.
I didn't have time to stop on the way home so
I figured I would zip out and fill up
on Friday.
Nope.

I worked at 8am on Sunday morning,
and I have a hard enough time not being late,
so I drove with the gas light on.
ALL THE WAY TO WORK.
AND HOME AGAIN.

I have NEVER done anything this crazy.

Ralph's car has one of those gauges that tells you
how many km you can drive before E.
My car isn't that hip.
So I never let it go lower than 1/4 of a tank.
Just in case.

And because I'm that nervous about my car being on fumes......
I tried to make Ralph take my car today for his errands.
And asked him to go fill 'er up :)

That is only one of my many silly neuroses.
There are oh so many more....
but I have 30 days to fill :)

2 comments:

The Blakeneys said...

You rebel, you! I only ran out of gas once -- in a company vehicle, on the side of the highway, about 15 minutes outside of Winnipeg. Not a good feeling. Hope your hubby filled 'er up!

Scott & Tessa said...

Sounds like an episode of Seinfeld....Kramer!!