Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

April 30, 2010 - Day 30

30 years ago, the Deters family
immigrated from Holland.
It was April 29, 1980.

Ralph was 3 and Tessa wasn't quite 2.
All they had was each other.
The adventures of this resilient and
close-knit foursome were
just beginning.

And look where they are now......

A beautiful extended family
(complete with a Newfie and a Saskatchewanian!)

And 4 gorgeous grandchildren.

Happy Anniversary!!
You have certainly changed my life by
coming to Canada!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Kara - these are amazing family portraits! Love the kids in white. The panoramic is SO COOL. Wow.

Terrilltales said...

Great pictures - something your grandkids will show their kids. ;-)

Harm said...

Woah! Look at Olivia in Henks neck! Cool!

The Blakeneys said...

O.M.G.!!!!!!!! I LOVE that first picture!! Look at Henk's hair! And I always knew that Hayden looked like Ralph...but wow, they could be the same kid!

Happy Anniversary, Deters! Happy you're here, too. :)

Scott & Tessa said...

This post is definitely an emotional one for me...love it! I feel so close to my family because we did just have eachother, Ralph and I were like best friends growing up. And to add you and Scott to the mix is a prefect fit...couldn't be happier with how our family has grown!

T said...

That first pic is really awesome. I think Ralph's dad looks like Rob Lowe :-)

Henk and Eveline said...

The first picture was made at Heritage Park on September 1980.
So Ralph is almost 4 and Tessa had just turned 2.
Amazing to see our little family then and how we grew to this fabulous family of ten.
We couldn't be more PROUD !!