Tuesday, September 30, 2008

10 on Tuesday!

Since I missed my "Thoughts on Thursday"........here's the week in review!

1. My mom and Dad arrived from Saskatoon on Tuesday and we had a great visit, as usual. I was so happy for them because Hayden's reaction when they walked in the door was awesome! My parents are always worried that Hayden won't remember who they are......not a chance. He ran into their open arms with big hugs and kisses, and thoroughly enjoyed their company all week.

2. Wednesday was the big 4-D ultrasound. And a side of EKG. (My heart seems to skip beats when I get pregnant) Mom and Dad had some quality time with Hayden while we met baby #2!
I can't believe our parents had to wait the whole 9 months without so much as a peek at us. I couldn't do it. I would be a nervous wreck!

3. Thursday we took Mom and Dad to Stage West and saw Viagra Falls. It was hilarious. We had a great dinner, and it was so nice for just the four of us to be out for the evening. (Hayden spent the evening with Oma & Opa.)

4. Bad things only happen in threes, right?! Well, I've had my three.....I got my first cavity and I need a filling. I got my eyes checked and I need my first pair of glasses. I was driving with my parents on Friday morning and got my first speeding ticket!

5. We had to PVR the premieres for our favorite Thursday night shows because we were out on Thursday night. We managed to watch 1/2 of Survivor while Hayden was "napping" on Friday afternoon.....he interrupted us and was on hippopotamus and elephant watch the rest of the show!

6. My child is too smart for his own good. As we were watching Survivor, a commercial came on bearing a familiar logo. Hayden comes out with, "it's crappy tire!" I thought I was going to pee my pants!! He went on to tell us that the logo looks like a strawberry. In moments like these, I look at him and can't believe how much my baby has grown up.

7. Shopping with a busy 2 1/2 year old is NOT THE SAME as shopping at your leisure.

8. How is it possible that we just don't make the time to see family that live in the same city?? Does anyone else have this frustration? I feel like I make the same "excuse" about being busy, but somehow it's not an excuse. My mom's brother (my uncle Greg) and his wife came over on Friday night, and we had a great little visit. I think Greg, Judy, Ralph and I have been trying to have an evening together for 3 months!! Don't even get me started on how often I see my cousins that live in S.E. Calgary.

9. I got a call pleading me to come into work for a few hours on Saturday afternoon. I am way to nice, and feel way to guilty to say no. Why is it so hard for people to be responsible and cover their own shifts!@#? Grrrrrrr.......

10. We went to Heritage Park on Friday morning and had an awesome time. Hayden is crazy for trains and I think we could have "rode the rails" all day! It was Railway Days, so we got an extra dose of all things trains. Lucky Hayden!






2 comments:

T said...

Ronan is also in love with trains. If you ever take Hayden to Edworthy Park you can see them up close. Plus there's a park there just in case they don't happen to be running ;-)

The Blakeneys said...

Oh, Crappy Tire. That's hilarious!! Not only is Hayden a parrot...but he's a parrot with perfect timing.