Sorry guys.
I hope I'm not completely annihilating the concept
of "10 on Tuesday."
I just can't commit to a number.
It stresses me out.
So, let's see how far I make it.....
1. I am SO UNBELIEVABLY tired of people telling me how big I am! When I say that I am 4 months pregnant, they get that look on their face like, "ooooh, that's it?!" Last night at work, a lady asked me if I had been to the doctor because "they probably told you you were measuring big, right?" I was stunned. I simply responded, "no." (I really wanted to let her have it. Or at the very least, ask how she could be so rude.) Seriously. I am not eating like a cow. My hubby says I'm all baby. (I realize that is a HUGE bias, but he makes me feel better.) I'm growing a little life here people! I wasn't a perfect size 2 before pregnancy, and I'm certainly not going to be model material while I am pregnant. So there.
2. I can see how gardening/landscaping becomes an addiction. We formulated a plan for the front yard flower bed, planted 3 crazy, tall trees on the side of the house, and planted a whole flower bed full of goodness in the back. We had help, of course. Paula at Monterra was amazing....and it's a good thing because my thumb isn't the greenest. I'm working on it.
Let's hope everything survives the Winter.
3. Vet bills are super expensive. Zeus had to have an ultrasound. $475. Blood tests. $150.
He gets another scan and a biopsy next week. $175. We know his prostate is the problem, we just don't know how severe the issue is until we get the biopsy results. Poor Zeus.
4. I am craving all things that are bad for me. DQ Blizzards. Cake. Donuts. McDonalds.
I am trying to think about #1 to curb my cravings because apparently, people already see me as roughly the size of a whale.
5. I haven't done ANY scrapbooking in a LONG time. I miss it. I need to make time for it.
Just not quite sure when.....
6. Does anyone else have trouble getting to bed before 11PM? No matter how hard I try, it rarely works.
7. I need art. I'm at a decorating stand-still and a lot of my walls are still bare. It's hard to find just the right thing. And something Ralph and I can agree on.
8. We can't find a funky house number. I want to have a really cool house number, and I'm
beginning to think it's an impossible mission. We found one that lights up and is $180....good grief! Why am I obsessing? It's just a house number! I can't help it. It's who I am.
9. I have a love/hate relationship with grocery stores. I would prefer to grocery shop many times throughout the week, than do 1 BIG grocery shop. Like my hubby. I love wandering the aisles looking for cool things that I totally "need," while also loading my cart with all of the essentials. It's bloody expensive to do a really good shop complete with all of the delicious things our hearts desire......like donuts. Or ice cream. Ralph can attest to the scary bills left in my wake.
10. I have done everything imaginable to prevent it. I can't stop my dishcloths from being stinky! I can use them once, wring them out, dry them flat, blah, blah, blah and they still smell gross the next day! What gives? I'm totally open to suggestions....
2. I can see how gardening/landscaping becomes an addiction. We formulated a plan for the front yard flower bed, planted 3 crazy, tall trees on the side of the house, and planted a whole flower bed full of goodness in the back. We had help, of course. Paula at Monterra was amazing....and it's a good thing because my thumb isn't the greenest. I'm working on it.
Let's hope everything survives the Winter.
3. Vet bills are super expensive. Zeus had to have an ultrasound. $475. Blood tests. $150.
He gets another scan and a biopsy next week. $175. We know his prostate is the problem, we just don't know how severe the issue is until we get the biopsy results. Poor Zeus.
4. I am craving all things that are bad for me. DQ Blizzards. Cake. Donuts. McDonalds.
I am trying to think about #1 to curb my cravings because apparently, people already see me as roughly the size of a whale.
5. I haven't done ANY scrapbooking in a LONG time. I miss it. I need to make time for it.
Just not quite sure when.....
6. Does anyone else have trouble getting to bed before 11PM? No matter how hard I try, it rarely works.
7. I need art. I'm at a decorating stand-still and a lot of my walls are still bare. It's hard to find just the right thing. And something Ralph and I can agree on.
8. We can't find a funky house number. I want to have a really cool house number, and I'm
beginning to think it's an impossible mission. We found one that lights up and is $180....good grief! Why am I obsessing? It's just a house number! I can't help it. It's who I am.
9. I have a love/hate relationship with grocery stores. I would prefer to grocery shop many times throughout the week, than do 1 BIG grocery shop. Like my hubby. I love wandering the aisles looking for cool things that I totally "need," while also loading my cart with all of the essentials. It's bloody expensive to do a really good shop complete with all of the delicious things our hearts desire......like donuts. Or ice cream. Ralph can attest to the scary bills left in my wake.
10. I have done everything imaginable to prevent it. I can't stop my dishcloths from being stinky! I can use them once, wring them out, dry them flat, blah, blah, blah and they still smell gross the next day! What gives? I'm totally open to suggestions....
4 comments:
Yay! Now we have 10 on Tuesday, Thoughts on Thursday, and 5 on Friday. This rocks!! Loved your 'first' post.
So sorry to hear Zeus is having health problems. HUGS.
And I think it's so rude to comment on a pregnant woman's size. Seriously, i can image it makes you self concious as it is, and to have people say you're bigger than you should be is so obsurd. It's kind of frightening how our society is shifting to think that woman need to look slim and beautiful with a perfect little bump while they're expecting. There are WAY too many other, more important, things to be worried about when you're building a life (like you said!) Your baby is healthy and growing - that's all that matters.
Hey Kara! I just love your blogs, really :) They rock!
And how rude of the lady at work, like wtf? And yeah gardening can be addictive, problem is I like it for an afternoon and after that its all gone again :)
Sucks about Zeus to.. Hope he recovers..
We should totally email more, do you have some sort of IM?
Seriously, Kara...I see you the most out of anyone probably(besides Ralph of course) and I think you look great!! You totally have a little baby belly and you DO NOT look big for being 4 months pregnant, you look cute! You should ignore people like that. Besides, they don't get to feel your baby kick and move and experience all the cool stuff inside. So seriously do this....stand in front of the mirror and look at your belly...look through your belly and imagine you are seeing this tiny little human being in there all curled up and cozy growing unitl he/she is ready to come out and meet you. Now do you care what people think?
you are gorgeous.
I LOVE YOUR 10 ON TUESDAY! YAY! I drove by to see your landscaping...it looks awesome. i love where the trees are on the side of the house. The back looks great.
I have one of those LED address signs and i LOVE it because the pizza guy easily finds our house in the dark of winter!
Post a Comment