1. My father in law officially celebrated his 60th Birthday on Monday.....Happy Birthday Paps!!
We helped him celebrate on Sunday by going for brunch at the Naturbahn Teahouse, and then surprised him with a 120km/hr bobsled ride!! Stay tuned for photos and an awesome video.....
2. Hayden gets up about 6:30 am these days (with or without a nap - I've tried both) so I'm feeling pretty tired!! Maybe he is preparing me for the sleep deprivation that a new baby will bring??
3. I had to run into work yesterday. My boss made a point of saying, "how are you? You look really tired." Thanks. If that's what she says to my face, she totally calls me fat behind my back. I know it.
4. Another Dr. appointment yesterday. I'm 37 1/2 weeks and measuring 39 weeks. The baby is head down, baby's heart rate is good and my blood pressure is good. Hayden got to help listen to the baby's heartbeat and he was so cute. He was standing on the little stool next to me, leaned over and gave me a kiss, and kept his eye on the nurse who was poking at his mommy's belly to make sure she was doing everything right!
5. My fabulous husband took my car to have it washed today. I was willing to do it in the hopes that it would bring on labor.....but lets get serious....I'm so happy he is doing it instead!
6. I know Hayden hears us when we discipline him because he turns around and disciplines his cars. If you listen closely, it sounds a lot like my words coming out of his little mouth! Yesterday he told McQueen that he was "not impressed" and that he should "sit for 5 minutes" until there was "no crying and no whining." I'm not sure if Hayden is mocking me, or taking my words to heart.
7. Potty training continues to go very well. Now, Hayden insists upon "cleaning" up after himself and pouring his "business" into the toilet. He thinks he's being careful, but my floors would suggest otherwise. Maybe I should just let him try to pee standing up if it's going to be everywhere anyway.
8. Ralph is putting in the doors and painting the basement this weekend. He's so ambitious.... and determined to get everything done before the baby arrives. I love his drive....but I seriously HATE the drywall dust throughout the whole house. I'm not dusting until he's done.
9. My walk through pantry may soon have to have child locks on the doors. Hayden thinks he should help himself to any number of snacks at any time of the day. Licorice at 10am.....sure. Animal crackers just before supper......no big deal. Once again, I feel like all I say is "NO!"
10. As I type this, it is WAY too quiet in the basement. I almost made it......please stand by.....
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
10 on Tuesday....on Wednesday!?
OMIGOD!! What is the fascination with kitty litter?@#! Hayden has flung kitty litter/poop all over the basement!! This is his second offense! What do I need to do......install an indoor sandbox for Hayden?? That wouldn't be disastrous at all. Good grief, it's in his hair. And on his hands. Gag. The new disciplinary word of the day......"not appropriate!"
Posted by Karatje at 9:05 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It makes you stop and reconsider your words when you start hearing them from their little mouths. "Do I really sound like that? Is that what I want my child to hear?" At least you know he's listening. :-)
Hayden the parrot! Love it!! Don't love the kitty litter story, however. Blech. Oh, the joys of mommy-hood, hey??
At least we don;t live boring lives!
SOOOOO FUNNY!!!!! Love this update.
Personally, I find it more disturbing when my own mother's words come out of my mouth! My favourite is "This is not your personal playground!"
Don't you just love it when people say "you look tired"? One day I want to respond and say "Thanks! That was just the look I was going for when I put my makeup on this morning!"
Post a Comment