Tuesday, January 13, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. First and foremost, I am SO PROUD of my son! Hayden has been potty trained for over a week now.....and there have been no accidents!! (well, he had a little pee accident while he was in a time out, but I'm not counting that one.) Now, he even pulls down his pants and goes on his own!! There have been no accidents while we are out shopping either. We were out for about 4 hours yesterday, and he was perfect. I'm so impressed.

2. The baby room is almost ready! I have a few finishing touches to complete, but it looks very cozy and ready for the new baby. My handy husband, who knows I have been very anxious to get the room completed, hung up all of the wall decor last night. Now I have to hem the curtains and actually hang them in the window!! I promise, pictures will be soon.....

3. I have been without a washing machine for almost a week now. I am so beyond angry with the service at Coast Appliances, I could scream. Don't they understand how much dirty laundry a 2 1/2 year old generates? Or a very pregnant woman whose belly is a giant target? I actually made Ralph phone them yesterday 'cause I'm getting NOWHERE fast.

4. I am grateful to be a home-body. I think that is why Hayden and I are not sick. Yes, I'm touching wood as I type. I just feel awful for everyone is sick around us.

5. I am trying really hard not to complain about the discomforts of my pregnancy this past few weeks. Compression tights SUCK. They are itchy as sin, though they do seem to help the swollen bits. My hands are now starting to get swollen. I can't sleep. And neither can Ralph because I am a snore monster when I am pregnant. I wake up super thirsty, and I am thirsty all day. I have the waddle. My nose is getting larger every day and I AM SO READY TO HAVE THIS BABY!!

6. I think I have a cavity. I never got cavities before I had children?@#!

7. I have been a scrap-booking machine this week. I feel such a sense of accomplishment. I should probably be focusing more on napping while Hayden naps, but it's not as much fun.

8. I am trying to find a website with funky/unique/cool baby announcements. This is difficult when everything is pink and blue and frilly and cartooney. Not my taste. Any suggestions??

9. Is it strange that I feel like I should do my hair and makeup EVERY DAY just in case I go into labor? I am not the only one who has had these thoughts.....am I? I am getting a pedicure next weekend and I can't wait!! At least my toes will be polished and pretty.....

10. Has anyone else "caved" and broken their New Year's Resolutions already? I totally have. I have no will power. I guess that's why I don't usually bother with them.

3 comments:

The Blakeneys said...

What was your NY's resolution??
I'm ready for you to have this baby, too! Hurry up, #2! Well, I actually hope the baby now waits until after your pedicure...that's not something you want to miss. :)
See you and your laundry tomorrow!

T said...

No wash machine? Woman, if I were you I would take my very pregnant self and my 2 1/2 year old down to their office and DEMAND that they help you. (It might also do you some good to try and look disheveled, if possible)

Amanda said...

I was bored and work and starting looking for birth announcement cards for you. Found this site. They look quite modern, and quite a few options!

http://www.littlestargreetings.com/index.php

I have to admit - I'm DIEING to know what you're having! But like Keri said - hopefully you get that pedicure in time!