If I can't find a moment to Blog now, how is it going to be possible when I have 2 kids??
Tuesday came and left. So did Thursday. 5 on Friday wasn't quite enough......so I thought of 8!!
1. Front load washing machines are AWESOME!! Long story short, Frigidaire cam through with a credit for our "piece of crap" washer, and we picked out a beautiful new Maytag washer and dryer. I'm now happy with Coast Appliances again. Laundry isn't what I would call fun....but it sure is fun having a new toy, and they sure are pretty! And I'm saving energy!!
2. Potty training continues to go awesome. Now the challenge is to transfer Hayden to the toilet. I'm not going to push it because things are going really well.....but cleaning little boy poop out of a potty is not much fun!
3. Only one more potty story, I swear. I was a very proud mama yesterday. Hayden and I were driving home (he spent the lunch hour with Daddy while I was at the doctor) and he announced from the backseat that he needed to pee. Okay. This is new territory. I pulled into the parking lot at Brentwood London Drugs and he says, "no mommy, I don't have to pee." Hmmmm. Now what. "Are you sure?" I asked. "I'm sure," he responded. On the road again. We didn't even make it to Dalhousie and he was dancing around in his car seat. Emergency pit stop at Chapters. Parking was a challenge, just my luck. But he held it! We finally got to the washroom and he did a huge pee and a poop! What a kid. That deserved a new Thomas book for sure!! I had $5 in my wallet to buy a coffee, but Hayden deserved a reward more than me!!
4. What is with my hormones and their cruel jokes? The hair on my legs has decreased since becoming pregnant......yay! But, like some twisted trade-off, I now have tons of little black hairs coming out of my chin?@#! I'd rather shave my legs than look like my husband, thanks!
5. Is it wrong that I feel like I could go to bed at 9 o'clock every night lately?! And I'm still tired in the morning!
6. I think Hayden is having another growth spurt. All day I hear the words, "mommy, I'm hungry." He eats like a teenager in the morning....cheerios, milk, toast, minigo and some fruit. Within a couple of hours he wants a snack. Then he needs another snack. Then its lunch time when he'll devour a whole sandwich or a big bowl of macaroni. After his nap, we start all over again and continue until supper time!
7. I am convinced, as I have been all along, that I am having another little boy. I love the thought. I even had a dream it will be a boy. "Scientifically" speaking, the baby's heart rate has stayed well below 150 every time.....it was 135 on Wednesday. Even the nurse said she would bet it's a boy. And the way this child kicks.....soccer for sure!!
8. Why is it that my "new arrival" ticker doesn't seem to be counting down the days fast enough? Twenty some days to go? I'll never make it. I'm thinking 2 more weeks.....
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Mixing it up a little.....
Posted by Karatje at 6:40 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Baby #2 could be here ANY DAY NOW! Can't wait to meet him/her -- time to go for bumpy rides, drink some castor oil, eat some spicy food, okay???
Congrats to Big Boy Hayden! And he has a really nice mama, too -- I probably woulda read the Thomas book in the store, and then still stopped at Starbucks. :)
I'm always checking to see if baby #2 has arrived! All my good thoughts will be heading your way. :o)
OMG 20 days? How exciting!!!! Regardless if you have a boy or girl...soccer will work for both!
Yes, every time I open your blog I'm looking for an announcement! A little boy would be fun, especially for his big brother. A little part of me would love to see a girl enter the scene.
The Countdown is ON!!!
You'll have to make sure that Ralph has the password to your blog, so he can post immediately when the time comes! (as I'm sure you won't have time between contractions).
Post a Comment