1. I am still patiently(???) waiting for our new baby to arrive. Any day now, little one....please!! Castor oil, raspberry tea, spicy food, Clary sage.....bring it on!!
2. Another Dr.'s appointment today and all is well with me and the baby. (I've even lost a couple of pounds...yay!) IF I make my appointment next week, she said they will "strip my membranes" if I would like......doesn't that sound like fun?! Just one more reason this baby should come sooner than later. I've been feeling a little "off" these last couple of days so maybe things are starting??? Dare to dream.
3. I have been practicing saying aloud the baby names that we have chosen. I want to make sure that they feel right. I don't practice the girls name too often because I do think we're having a boy, but I like our final decision on the names either way. Yay!!
4. Coffee and S'cream is a great concept.....and a gong show!! Tessa and I took the kids on Thursday and all I can say is "wow." After an hour, I was exhausted and ready to go home!! The boys had a great time ripping around, and Tessa & I enjoyed a delicious coffee and a cinnamon bun. I won't say that we had a nice visit because there was little time to chat while monitoring the children. The best part of the day?? Hayden came home with a "new" pair of shoes.....one left size 8 and one left size 9!! Even funnier is the fact that I just noticed it on Sunday night. I'm surprised Hayden wasn't running in circles......or complaining that his feet hurt!
5. We bought Hayden new shoes yesterday. A cool pair that Mommy picked out, and a pair of Lightening McQueen sneakers that Hayden picked out. I normally hate "cheesy" shoes like that, but he was in love and they were only $10. Why argue? It was only when we got home that I noticed they light up when he walks. He loves this feature. I, not so much.
6. The basement is really taking shape. Ralph was a maniac on the weekend and primed all of the walls, stippled the ceiling, did one coat of regular paint, put up light fixtures and hung the 3 doors!! It looks awesome! We are having the carpet installed on Saturday, and then the furniture can go in. Let's be honest, I just want to get to the decorating part!
7. I HATE sewing. I suck at it, too. Hemming a pair of panel curtains should be so simple.....and yet it isn't for me. I end up having a total anxiety attack. It's like so many things that look simple enough but somehow become so daunting when I attempt them. (ie: Skating. One of those things that looks like it should be easy, but I just can't do it!) Ralph, on the other hand, is a sewing wizard (He can skate circles around me too!) He's even made a full bunny costume for goodness sake!! I really think the sewing in our house should be designated a "blue" job. But how can I ask him to sew curtains when he's already working all day and busting his ass in the basement in his spare time?
8. I am LOVING my new washer and dryer. The dryer has a drum light that you can turn on while the clothes are drying. Why do I need to watch my clothes dry, you ask? I don't. But I can if I wanted to!
9. Hayden is also loving the new washer and dryer. If he has an accident, he won't tell me. (And for Hayden, an accident can be as little as a few drops of pee and he needs to completely change his outfit!) He just strips down, puts his clothes in the washer, and runs around with a bare bum until I go and get him clean underwear and/or pants!! Then he likes to watch his underwear while it's in the washing machine...."there's Mater.....there's Mater.....there's Mater again...." We lead a truly exciting life.
10. Ralph has been talking about what kind of dog we should get this Summer. My thoughts automatically go to something small and cute. Like a beagle. His thoughts are always of big, manly type dogs. He's on a Boxer kick lately....but I hear they slobber. I have no idea what we'll decide on. Anyone have a case for something other than another Shepherd?
Monday, February 02, 2009
10 on Tuesday!
Posted by Karatje at 1:25 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
A Dogo Argentino. They are so lovely and don't slobber :P
Hope the baby is coming soon! And then I want pictures!
Say hi from me.
Eva
I've had 2 boxers (My husband has had 4), so I would happily tell you of our experiences... All I'll say here is they are most often a HANDFUL. I love, love, love Boxers (best breed ever!), but I'm not sure I would get a brand new one right after having a new baby!
My fingers are crossed for you that baby comes soon!
That shoe story is HILARIOUS about the different sizes! You crack me up.
Jack Russel!! More then enough energy for Ralph to mess with, small for you :)
- Harm
Can't wait to come over and hang out with Hayden while you GO HAVE A BABY!! Looking forward to watching Mater go round and around...and around. :)
Kara, we have a lovely dog who is looking for adoption. hint hint! Perhaps you and Ralph should come over for a closer look...then I could come visit!
Post a Comment