Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tanning beds are hazzardous to your health!

I know, I know.....what AM I doing tanning, right?!
I had my reservations about tanning pregnant,
but after careful research,
it's not that big of a deal, and I'm only doing 4 sessions.
My giant white belly, which has not seen the light of day,
doesn't want to get crispy while in Mexico.
But that's not the point.

Ralph tans at 4:45 and Hayden and I meet him at 5:00 for my turn.
We kid/car swap and I meet the boys at home.....
.....after a lovely 12 minute siesta.

Yesterday, we had a glitch.

I was getting undressed, and from my room I can hear
Hayden sobbing and crying, "mommy!"
I was thinking he just didn't want to leave me behind.
Wrong.
The tanning lady shouts, "Hayden got a boo-boo."
Huh??
They left 2 minutes ago.

I got re-dressed and walked back into the waiting room.
What do I see?
BLOOD!!
Ralph is holding paper towel on Hayden's head.
All that registers is that I can see blood coming out of my son's head!!
There's blood on his hands.
There is a HOLE in his forehead!!
Omigod, he needs stitches.

Here's the story....
Ralph and Hayden (car in each hand) were walking to the car
and Hayden tripped.
Instead of breaking his fall, Hayden refused to let go of his cars,
and his sweet little head broke his fall.
On a rock.

I'm not sure I want to get used to the blood and scrapes
that come with having a boy!

Mommy's job is to overreact.
Daddy's job is to say,
"ahh, it's no big deal."
"You don't want to sit at the hospital for 3 hours."
"Do you know how many injuries I have survived?!"

So I have that to look forward too.


5 comments:

Terrilltales said...

Poor dude! I do think little boys have magnets in there heads that 'pull' them towards things.

www.erinkelly.ca said...

OUCH! HAYDEN! You are so brave.

That looks painful.

Between Zeus and this, I don't know how you keep all the injuries in your house straight!

The Blakeneys said...

Yowch!! Poor dude. Them cars are dangerous!

T said...

What is it lately with little boys and head injuries from falling on rocks??? It's time to start a new trend Kara....the everyday helmet. I know with your awesome sense of style, you could come up with something that is functional and cute. Who's with me?

Shawna said...

Oh, the therapy our poor little boys will need after wearing those awesome, stylish helmets to the playground.

I'll take 2 size large and one baby helmet, please.