Tuesday, October 14, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. Mmmmmm.......Thanksgiving. My sister-in-law, Tessa, made a delicious turkey this year. I don't get turkey that often because my husband and father-in-law do not enjoy it. I left with a baggie full of turkey for sandwiches, and some turkey soup too. I'm spoiled. And happy I was wearing maternity pants for such an occasion! Everyone should get a pair! We stayed up way too late playing cards, but we had a great time.

2. I am grateful that Hayden slept until 7:30 and 8:00 AM on Sunday and Monday morning. Gotta love it when we don't have to wake up to an annoying alarm. Just my sweet son, nose against mine saying, "morning mommy."

3. Unfortunately, we woke up Monday morning to a house full of doggy poop. Poor Zeus is not having a good go. Medical issues keep popping up, he's getting old, and I think this was our breaking point. After much discussion, and some tears, we mentally prepared ourselves to say goodbye to Zeus on Tuesday morning. We solemnly traveled to the vet first thing in the morning........to find out he simply has a case of "beaver-fever." In my husbands words...... "looks like Zeus dodged another bullet!" What an emotional roller coaster.

4. Is it a new trend to buy a car in which you drive on the right hand side?

5. I am fearing my Dr.'s appointment tomorrow. I think I might be in for "the talk" about weight gain. I personally think I just make big babies.

6. We are having a helluva time agreeing on a boys name! If this baby is a girl, we have been set on the name for years. Not an issue. If this baby is a boy........help! We have a few choices, but if anyone has any cool names that aren't "saved" for future children, please let me know!

7. I found out that Shoppers may be open on CHRISTMAS DAY!! This is absolutely ridiculous and I am so angry about it! Is nothing sacred?? And I am a bit afraid that I will get scheduled 'cause I'm a little part-timer....with a husband and child and family.... just like everyone else!! I am so filled with rage about this. Can you imagine? Me working until midnight on Christmas day?? Ain't gonna' happen folks. I may have to take early maternity leave.....

8. Little boys jeans should come with reinforced knees. Hayden is about to bust through 2 more pairs!! I refuse to put patches on them, so don't even say it.

9. It is unexplainable how wonderful it is to have such talented photographers as friends.
Here is a teaser of one of the shots of me and baby #2:


10. I am still frantically packing for Mexico. We leave on Sunday at 8 AM.......Woo-hoo!!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

That picture is so beautiful.

Have a great time in Mexico!

The Blakeneys said...

I think Zeus is actually a cat...with 9 lives!!
I think the best part of going to Mexico as a prego is that it's okay for the belly to stick outta the bathing suit! Flaunt it, sister, because you look great...and be sure to take pictures.

www.erinkelly.ca said...

ever since you were pregs with Hayden and i saw you at Sears, I have said you are the most beautiful pregnant woman in the world. Those photos are stunning, Kara!

GOOD PHOTOGRAPHY KERI AND NICK!

And oohhhhhh Zeus.

*sigh*.

I am glad he is ok, but he'd be dodging a round of bullets (and maybe a grenade or two) if he pooped all over my house.

Sorry Deters Family that you have to go through this.

Terrilltales said...

Can't wait to see the other pictures!

Enjoy your holiday.....only a tid bit jealous.