October 19th-26th, 2008
Gran Bahia Principe, Tulum
Mexico
Mexico
Aaahhhhh......the beach!We spent as much time here as possible,
though the weather wasn't perfect.
We had rain, at some time or another,
and in some quantity or another,
every day.
Still....30 degrees every day....can't complain!
We decided to make the best of our time and
plan some activities outside of the resort.
What fun would it be to just sit in the room?
We were in the Mayan Riviera for goodness sake.....how bad can it be?!
Day 2.
Aktun Chen
We saw some of the most amazing
underground caves and cenotes.
And lots of wild animals.
We got some amazing pictures of the caves.We had to trudge through water
because of all of the heavy rainfall, and poor Hayden
was up to his waist in some places!
You won't see those pictures, or any of the other
fabulous ones we had taken up to this point,
because we lost our camera.
* See Day 4. *


Day 4.
It started out like the rest.
Rainy.
We decided to go into Playa del Carmen for the morning.
We had a really nice morning, and when the sun came out after lunch,
we decided to go back and hit the beach.
I will go over the next hour in my head a million times.
Each time, I feel like throwing up.
Pure stupidity on our part.
Why we were so relaxed? I don't know.
Why wasn't I harping about the location of our belongings? I don't know.
Why didn't we double check our spot when getting off the bus??
We got off on the side of the highway.
We were so concerned about having a good hold on Hayden.
15 minutes later.....
I realized we didn't have the camera.
(Or the video camera that was in the same bag.)
Good luck trying to communicate the severity
of the situation to Mexican strangers.
Ralph and Eveline tried for hours to get it back.
Nothing.
Ralph offered a reward.
Nothing.
I don't even care about the camera.
It's the photos.
The beautiful family pictures we had taken at the beach.
Our amazing Mexican dinner.
The caves.
Hayden in the pool with his first pair of water wings.
Us building sandcastles.
Nauseating.
*~*~*The rest of our photos are courtesy of the Kodak Fun Saver*~*~*
Day 5.
The Mayan Ruins at Tulum.
It felt like about 800 degrees.
600% humidity.
Ralph decided he wanted to be buried in the sand.
So, he dug himself a nice big hole.....
So, he dug himself a nice big hole.....
Hayden's favorite pastime was walking the stonesaround the pool.
We all had to take turns.
Many times.
of floating around on his own.
I was so proud of him for being such a big boy.
Friday night we stayed out after dinner to see theMichael Jackson tribute show.
It was awesome.
Hayden was tuckered out
and slept right through the entertainment!
up to his waist!
We had a busy last day on the beach collecting
seashells, building sandcastles and
enjoying the sunshine.













3 comments:
that's so sad about the cameras!
you managed to take great shots with the funsaver.
Looks like a lot of fun, and great memories!
You did a great job with the pictures, even if you did lose the camera! Nice work. Looks like it was a great time. And kudos to you for sporting the bikini with that cute belly!
I've always wanted to bury someone in the sand! Looks like you had a great time......
Post a Comment