Wednesday, March 02, 2011

10 on "is it Spring yet?" Wednesday

1..Olivia's birthday party was a success!  I'll be the first to admit I went a little crazy with decorating, but I sure enjoyed it!!  I kept the banner and pom-poms I made up until yesterday (Ralph took them down) 'cause I  was proud of my crafty accomplishments :) I made picks for the cupcakes that coordinated with the banner and I made Olivia's special Birthday Girl party hat.

I LOVE this banner!  It will be a staple for all my future parties....

...the pom-poms before I hung them from the ceiling...

Hot Chocolate on a stick.....a la Keri B.
...thanks for the super cool shirt, Auntie Keri!


Olivia had to call Grandma & Grandpa!

Auntie Kelly has begun PhaseI of Pony-palooza!

the Birthday Girl was allowed to eat all the snacks she wanted!

Nala (from Grandma & Grandpa) is Olivia's favorite new lovey and
she hasn't put it down since Sunday morning!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my SWEET little GIRL!!

2.. Ralph had to leave for Toronto immediately after Olivia's party.  BOO!  This is the second year this has happened but thankfully it was only for 2 nights.

3..Hayden's last indoor soccer practice/game was on Monday.  The coaches chose to give each child a ring pop for a reward for hard work.  Seriously??  Soccer ended at 5pm.  Dinner time. All you could hear in the change room was the battle cry of every child saying "I want to have it now!!" and every mom responding "not until after dinner!!"   

4..Now that I have become one of those people who has to color her hair, it amazes me how fast those little gray buggers appear.  Root touch-up time!  And, I am at a point where I need to either press on with this hair growth plan, or abandon ship.  This particular phase is driving me MAD and I really feel like chopping it all off again.  But then I think, I have come this far.... how can I quit now?!  Aaarrghh!!
5..I'm going to have an Epicure party this month.  A Saturday night perhaps??  A chance to sample some of my new wine perhaps??  Oh yes, and have some food and get some spices too!  Who's in??

6..Swimming lessons done!  I have a Sea Turtle who graduated to a Salamander and a little Duck who will now be a Sea Turtle!  They were so proud.  And Hayden's instructor told him that "you were one of my favorite kids to teach this session!"  Hayden was over the moon.  And mommy was very proud too :)

7..I'm diligently working on a "Year in Review" book for the Deters family in 2010.  I'm using Shutterfly again because it's very user friendly.  I don't have the time to Scrapbook, so this is a practical way to print and love my photos.

8..Vanilla Dee-lite hand lotion from LUSH.  It's saving my poor dry hands.  I love it because it's not sticky, but it keeps your hands soft and protected.  Bonus points because it smells like vanilla and coconut.  (The girl who introduced me to this product is laying on a beach in Jamaica right now.  I hate her 'cause even though she really deserves a break I'm madly jealous because I didn't get a hot holiday this winter love her.

9.. I need bronzer today.  LOTS of bronzer.  And I'm working in layers.  Everyone should have at least one :)  Or 6 in my case.  The liquid bronzer I love (from Clairns) has been discontinued but I have a stockpile.  Thank goodness.  It looks like soya sauce and most people are scared of it but I've converted many.  It gives a nice little base glow.  I have many favorite bronzing powders from Benefit to Smashbox to the ol' reliable Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess.  It all depends how I'm feeling.  And then, the best thing ever......bronzing spray.  Either Dior or Guerlain.  It's a lovely little finishing touch of bronze mist.  And I've painted my toenails in bright pink to try and get me outta' this funk.

10.  On the bill today?  Pumpkin Spice muffins.  Hayden saw Curious George make them and he thought they sounded delish.

1 comments:

www.erinkelly.ca said...

ooooh! i want the recipe for pumpkin spice muffins.

and a little girl. seeing Olivia's photos makes me want a little girl.

So...I'll just eat some Pumpkin Spice muffins while trying to block out that baby idea.

NICE BANNER! YOU *ARE* SO CRAFTY and TALENTED!