1..Ralph goes in for knee surgery today. The worst part? The unknowns. He goes in at 11:30 but he could be done anywhere between 6:30 and 8:30. That seems like such a long time! Then, depending on what they find when they open up his knee, he could be out of commission for 2 days....or two weeks. I know he's nervous but because he's tough and he doesn't want me to worry, he pretends it's not that big of a deal. He'll be alright. I know he's tough, but it's VERY hard for him to sit still. We have put all appointments on hold until after today.
2..I had to laugh (to myself of course) just a tiny bit that my husband was "Nair-ing" his knee when I walked into the bathroom last night. Have you seen how hairy his legs are?? There is a very obvious bald band around his leg. That is much colder than the rest of his leg :)
3..Hayden gave me all of his purple fruit loops this morning. Does he love his mama or what?! I wasn't about to tell him that I don't like Fruit Loops :)
4..Hayden started un-parented skating lessons on Saturday. He did AWESOME!
5..Olivia is a dancing fool! She has some super cool new moves....
6.. We have started potty training. We were 50/50 yesterday. I'm already about to give up 'cause I'm not sure she's ready. Or maybe I'm not ready because I'm quickly remembering just how much work it is to stay home and closely monitor your child. And say the words "do you need to go pee" about 85,000 times :)
7..I may be making a job change. I need a change. My kids need a change. Stay tuned.....
8..My skin has been total CRAP lately. I haven't had breakouts this bad since I was a teenager. Nothing like being a zit-covered makeup artist to help advertise your work :)
9..Hayden goes for his first ski lesson at COP tomorrow. He's excited and I'm nervous! I don't ski so I'll be sweating through the smiles on the sidelines. He's going with his classmates and supposedly they don't even allow parents on the hill while the kids are having their lesson. Fine by me 'cause I'm sure I would only induce panic in him. Or maybe I should hop in on the lesson and learn how myself :)
10.My sister got ENGAGED in Jamaica on Thursday night!! I am so excited for her and Jeret and I can't wait to help plan for her BIG day :)
Tuesday, March 08, 2011
10 on "I need to smile more" Tuesday
Posted by Karatje at 5:01 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hope all is GOOD with Ralph. Standing by, waiting for the update...
I'm with you on #8 -- whaddup??? Time to move somewhere tropical/humid. You with me??
Cute vids of the kids. :)
And CONGRATS to Kelly! And now the fun begins...
Good luck to Ralph with his knee. And good luck to Hayden with his skiing. And good luck to you and Olivia with potty training. After all that, you may need a glass of wine. ;-)
That's great for Kelly! YAY!
Thinking of you!
How did the knee surgery go?
The new Olivia Newton-John has risen. Wow, can those hips move!
Post a Comment