Monday, February 01, 2010

10 on Tuesday!

1.. Olivia is way too smart for the snack trap. She pops the lid off for better access and couldn't be bothered to put her little hand through the plastic trappey-bit on top. I need to find something for snacks with a non-removable lid......Rico would disagree. He enjoys cheerios.

2.. Ralphie found bean bag chairs! 2 kids sized, and a big tennis ball looking one:


I also found some great wall stickers.....at Home Sense! (They are primary colored dots in all sizes, and some that look like mirrors.) I'm going to order some pink dots for Olivia to mix in with the blue, green and yellow. I think it's going to be a pretty fun place to play.

3..What's wrong with me?? I have to be in a bikini in 39 days and I am either too lazy or too.....something......... to stop eating crap and start slathering myself in firming cream to get ready for the beach!! I have no will power. Getting in a bikini should be the best motivation there is and yet somehow even that isn't working.

4.. Our washing machine is still not working properly and I now need to raise hell with Coast Appliances. I actually took Flip video of it this morning making it's elusive and awful squeak (that it will never make when the technician is in the house for the service call.) I don't have time for this crap, I just want a new machine.

5.. Sunday was my first full day back to work. 8-4:30. It was nice to be busy at work, but I couldn't help thinking of all of the things I would rather/should be doing. Work really gets in the way of life sometimes.

6.. My website will officially be http://www.blinkmakeup.ca It is under construction as I type and I can't wait to see the finished product.

7.. I LOVE my photo collection in our bedroom and I just made it SO much better. I ordered a custom print from Kal at [i] love life, which arrived today, and I think it works perfectly! Plus,
I like the symbolism that Ralph and I are at the center/beginning of this family tree....


8.. I love getting mail. I love the anticipation that something good is coming. Birthday cards, Christmas cards, magazines, art, photos, anything from ebay.......as long as it's not bills.

9.. I registered Hayden in U4 Soccer yesterday! I can't wait to see him running up and down the field on Saturday mornings this Spring. I have been wondering how many activities are too many?? Skating.....Swimming......Soccer........Preschool.....he's gonna be a busy kid. I think it will be really good for him, but I don't want him to feel like his whole life is a schedule.

10. Preschool registration is tomorrow night. I'm hoping Hayden has better luck than Ralph or I because it's a lottery system. Cross your fingers he gets in......Bearspaw is only 2 minutes from the house and how excellent would that be?! Olivia could nap in her own bed instead of the car!

5 comments:

Harm and Eva said...

Jeeeeej! A new blog!

I love your picture wall and the new artwork.
So you love mail O:-) That's going to be nice. Haha.

Shawna said...

The photo wall looks awesome! Love the new art.

The Blakeneys said...

I can't wait to see the website!! And nice work on the photo wall. Looks great!

Scott & Tessa said...

That art is very sweet...

T said...

Good luck with preschool! I have heard good things about the one in Bearspaw and I'm sure Hayden will be happy there! And don't sweat the bikini thing. You'll look gorgeous regardless because let's face it, you ALWAYS do!