1.. My sister called yesterday to tell me that David Gray is coming to Calgary in May!! Guess who'll be on line ordering tickets first thing tomorrow morning....ME!!
2.. Method Laundry Detergent. My NEW favorite thing from the fabulous Method people.
It has the most brilliant pump so there is no drippy mess...which is a huge pet peeve of mine with liquid Tide and the like. It cleans really well, isn't perfumey and is purely AWESOME :)
3.. My Rube en Rutje project for the kids is complete! These little cuties (Rube is in Hayden's room also) make the wall in the kids bathroom much more fun!
4.. Olivia hates socks as much as her mommy.....
5.. Hayden got 2 new pairs of sneakers this weekend. We were in the car on the way home and I started singing "who's that kid that's rockin' kicks....." and Hayden finished "he's gotta be from out of town!" They really DO hear EVERYTHING!! Even if it's just Miley Cyrus on the radio :)
6.. When I was at the doctor on Friday (possible TMI alert in #7) I was reading Blush Mom magazine and I came across an interesting article I could totally relate to. It was about guilt, and how it really is mommyversal. The feeling that there are no simple decisions, that every choice we make could somehow be monumental and have the potential to screw up our children, our relationships, our finances, or ourselves. And, when we second-guess every choice we make, guilt is an inevitable consequence. I know I feel like this on an almost daily basis.
7.. I stopped nursing Olivia last Saturday and I have been in tons of pain.....which I never had when I weaned Hayden.....so I went to get the "girls" checked out. After waiting for an hour and a half, I finally saw my doctor. Know what happened after she asked me to lift my shirt?? Her exact words were; "ohhhh, you should get a tummy tuck." WTF?@#! As if I am not self conscious enough already!! She totally overlooked my swollen and deformed boobs because apparently, I am in desperate need of a TUMMY TUCK?@#! To which I, half laughing with shock, replied "are you going to pay for it?" Can you believe that?! I NEVER go to the doctor unless I have to....and I chose to wait for an hour and a half just to be told I need a tummy tuck and cabbage for my bra?! A prescription for produce?! She won't give me drugs to stop milk production but she believes in me going under the knife for plastic surgery?! Eff me.
8.. The fun for the weekend didn't stop there, people. Rico bit Olivia. Yes, that's right.....and my stomach still flips if I think about it. To make a long story short, she crawled by him while he was eating (she wasn't going for his food, she was at least 2 feet away from him) and he lunged at her face. Blood running down her head and screaming. Instant swelling. Walk in clinic, Children's Hospital, crazy glue and bandages, bedtime 11:30p. Thank God she's a resilient little thing.9.. Family Day was much more fun. We went for a skate at the Tuscany Club and Hayden had a great time. Olivia and I watched from the sidelines....
10. I just realized.....I have only 6 days left to be 34. That would explain all of the gray hair :)
Monday, February 15, 2010
10 on Tuesday!
Posted by Karatje at 7:16 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Woah, thats a shock. Hope she recovers just fine. Now you have people staring at you again at Sobeys.
Nice pics to! Only a few more days till you can open your presents!
#7 - OMG!!!! What is WRONG with doctors??? Oh Kara, I can only imagine what was going through your head!!!
Your pics of Olivia are so heartbreaking! I hope she gets better soon.
I don't see a single gray hair lady...you look fabulous all the time - at any age!
Poor Miss Olivia...and poor momma, too. You guys have had a tough week!
Oh, and I totally think that doc should be reported or something. Wow.
YOUR DOG BIT OLIVIA?!?!?!?!
OH. MY. GAWD.
(hugs, Kara! What a week!)
OMG....As I read your blog I am going more and more into shock. Poor little Olivia. It's so sad to see a wound on your baby. I can totally relate. It's way worse on the parent I think. And what is wrong with that doctor? I hope you've posted a comment on ratemds.com (at the very least), and weaning SUCKS. The pain can be so intense. I haven't heard about the cabbage thing, but hopefully it won't take long for the pain to subside.
When it rains it pours! :-( You are a tough bunch.....hope next week goes better for you!
Post a Comment