Tuesday, February 23, 2010

10 on Tuesday!

1.. Happy Birthday to me.....really?? 35?@#! Oh gawd. Is it too early in the day for wine?? There will be Baileys in my coffee at the very least :)

2.. I figure I should get a boob job while I'm in for my tummy tuck. How do you politely ask for donations to your "plastic surgery fund" for your birthday??

Let's be serious. I'm afraid of pain and I'm not 100% sure I could go through with it. But I like to think that if I exhausted all other options, and I have a spare 3o grand (HA HA!!) I may go under the knife. This also begs the question, where would I stop?? Would lipo and botox be next?? I wonder that if you start.....would you ever be finished??

3.. Because my children always need to be different.....Olivia's teeth are coming in an unusual order. She has had her bottom two front teeth for a month but nothing else has made an appearance. Until this weekend. She's skipping her top two front teeth and moving right along to the lateral incisors (aren't you impressed by my dental terminology?!) And she's getting both lateral incisors and a canine ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Good times.

4.. Mom & Dad arrive tomorrow and Kelly & Jeret arrive Wednesday evening for a visit/Olivia's 1st birthday. Mom & Dad will get the kids swim for their last lesson on Saturday which is pretty cool. I always look forward to doing every day type things with them 'cause I know that's what they miss the most. Kelly and I have a sisterly day of fun planned for Friday so I'm really looking forward to that too. Shopping, shopping, shopping!

5.. Ralph is leaving on Sunday the 28th to Toronto. For a whole WEEK. Again. 2 children and a dog with NO BREAKS. Aarrgghhhhhh!! I know it's only 5 full days but still......

6.. My first BLINK Beauty Basics makeup session was a HUGE success! Special thanks to erin for hatching the plan to surprise me with a party of fabulous girls I know for my "first time!" I was really nervous at the beginning but you girls made it fun and easy to start this new venture!

7.. I have, once again, lost all hope in humanity. On Family Day, we went skating at the Tuscany Club. We didn't know until the next day, but we left without Haydens brand new ski pants. And when I went back to the Lost and Found bin.....are you surprised to hear there were NO SKI PANTS turned in?@#! I know that it is our fault for leaving them behind, but aren't any other people on the planet taught that if it doesn't belong to you, don't take it?? Would a parent not question why their kid came home with new ski pants? Or, perhaps it is some moral-less parent who helped themselves to something that didn't belong to them. I could have helped myself to some new boots of mitts as I was digging through the bin out of spite......but I KNOW BETTER. How frustrating.

8..Olivia is facing forward in her car seat! I decided that I would rather risk the serious spinal injuries, instead of two broken legs from facing backwards, so that she is more comfortable. And she LOVES the new view.....

9.. I went out to wash the windows yesterday and Hayden came out to "help?!" He found the one mud puddle in the backyard....

10. The crazy glue has finally come off of Olivia's head! Truth be told, I have been picking at it for days and pulled the last of the bandage off last night :) I was a bit surprised that she is still left with quite a mark. I guarantee I'll be putting all sorts of lotions and potions on it daily to ensure it's not a permanent mark.

3 comments:

T said...

Sounds like you've got some fun birthday plans! And just make sure you continue to plan fun things into next week while Ralph is gone. Call in a sitter and head to a movie or something. Play dates. Play dates. Play dates!

I hope Olivia is feeling better. And don't worry, her "mark" will fade to nothing in time. She'll still be a top contender for Miss Universe ;-)

The Blakeneys said...

Busy couple of weeks at the Deters' house... Have a good visit with the family!
(PS - my fave photo is the mud one of Hayden. Classic boy!)

Shawna said...

Yup. They can always find the mud. I think I speak for all of us when I say call us for help next week. Days alone are tough, but made easier with friends.