Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just Random Thughts...

I was thinking about something.

And, what prompted these random thoughts, you ask?

Maybe I have been feeling bad about my
record-keeping skills with Olivia.
Maybe my kids are growing SO fast and I'm not sure
where the time is going.

There are some really cool differences/similarities between my kids.

There is no debate about the fact I have chubby babies.
And, I swear, I'm over people talking about it.
But I will say this, at 11 months old,
Olivia is slimmer than Hayden was at the same age.

Poor Olivia.
Its looking like she'll have mommy's ears too :)

However, Olivia may only have 2 teeth
for the rest of her life.
Hayden had 4 pearly whites by this time.

Genetics are truly awesome.
Olivia has blond-ish hair with mommy's brown eyes.
Hayden has brown hair and daddy's blue eyes.
But I still wonder if Olivia's hair will go dark like Hayden's did??

They both have the scrunchie nose smile.....

....it's TOTALLY a mommy thing!

They both have a junior temper.
Olivia has been having little girly "hissy fits"
if she doesn't get her way.
I'm still trying to figure out how to diffuse Hayden
when he loses it.

Hayden was, and unfortunately still is, a thumb sucker.
Olivia won't suck her thumb. Or a soother.
She plays with her hands to fall asleep.
And in general, Olivia has been a much better sleeper.
(Thank goodness they are both
sleeping until 7am these days!)

Regardless of who has more "book-keeping,"
I will continue to observe and enjoy
these two little monkeys :)

3 comments:

T said...

Love the side by sides! What a great idea. It's true, the second one doesn't get nearly the documentation of the first, but the way I see it, the second one gets something very special which the first didn't for their first few years of life. A playmate!

Harm said...

Thats cool! I like the side by side pictures!

My brother is still a thumb sucker. And he's 30!

Amanda said...

I am a huge fan of side by side comparison pics. I love, love, love how both kids have you 'crinkle nose' smile! That is serious cuteness right there.