Tuesday, July 14, 2009

the Great Outdoors!

We took our first family camping trip to
McLean Creek on the weekend.
The weather was beautiful.
The Gales joined us on day 2 and stayed for a night.
We had a great time visiting and relaxing.
The kids slept awesome.
What more could we ask for?!

Alberta wild roses
were growing all around the campsite.
(I think Ralph deleted the pictures of my butterfly....)

I'm not a neurotic mother but
I was a bit freaked out about mosquitoes
feasting on my 4 month old baby.
Olivia wasn't impressed by
the mosquito screen meant to protect her.

I love this picture.....we are still clean!

The three men in my life.

When life gives you puddles.....
you throw rocks into them to see how big
you can splash!

Hayden couldn't give up all of the comforts of home.
He had to watch Bolt before bedtime.

Now that's a happy camper!!

My beautiful baby girl at sunset.
Look at all that hair!

Rub-a-dub-dub.....
Olivia fills up this tub!

Father teaching son the art of chopping wood.

I think Hayden felt liberated
and became quite comfortable "watering"
the forest....
no matter who might be watching!

Rico wasn't much of a guard dog.
All of the fresh air, and getting into mischief, made him pretty sleepy.
He spent most of his quiet time in the trailer!

It's a good thing no one tried to steal our beverages!

Ralph's favorite camping toy is his sling shot.
He is too much of an animal lover
to hurt anything living so he
created his own targets.
There were some annoying ATV's that would have made
nice moving targets ;)

I vowed I would hit at least ONE can before
the weekend was over.
And after about 87 tries, I did!


And, after about 387 pictures....we finally captured
some cool shots of our target practice.

Poor Cameron sustained a few injuries during
his time in the forest.....
but he's a tough little guy and kept right on going!

Nothing like some pop rocks
to go with all that dirt!
Filthy or not, they are cute as can be!!

The very cool Keith & Jennifer Gale....
our camping companions!

Hayden & Jadyn.
Partners in crime.

We can't wait to go camping again.
We're off to Moyie Lake in B.C. at the end of August
Three times as long....
and three times as dirty!?



2 comments:

The Blakeneys said...

Omigosh!!! This might be my favourite post of yours EVER! What great, great photos! Looks like the trip was a success...based on all those smiley faces! Go camping again so there's more posts like these!! :)

T said...

Nice to see you back in blog land. You have been busy!!!

Love the shot of Hayden "watering" the forest as you say. Boys are so lucky ;-)

You make camping with kids and pets seem easy. I need tips! We leave soon....