Tuesday, July 21, 2009

12 on Tuesday!

1. Squeaky Green Dryer Cloths by Method are my new favorite thing. I LOVE all things by Method. Nothing chemical about their stuff. And it's effective. Theses little sheets smell delightful and they are like a moist baby wipe. 1 sheet does 2 loads of laundry. 40 in a pack for $5. Sweet deal. (By the by.....did you know that other dryer sheets have animal fat in them?@#! that's why they feel waxy. Gross.) This is all part of my effort to be more environmentally conscious. I use my recyclable shopping bags. I am fanatical about the blue bin. I want to get a rain barrel to save water. I figure I should do something considering how many Pampers I put in the dump each day. Baby steps, people.



2. Is there anything better than clean sheet day? (Especially when you use environmentally friendly dryer sheets.)

3. I bought Olivia her first bikini yesterday. I figure now is a good time to start her on the road to being comfortable with her body. If you're chubby and you know it.....show it off!

4. I have already started making my list for our trip to Saskatoon. Packing will commence shortly to ensure I don't miss anything. There is an awful lot of stuff we need to take with two kids and a dog. Not sure there will be any room in the car for us when I'm done.

5. Hayden has never loved water. He'll tolerate a bath. He didn't love swimming lessons and has just now begun to put his face in the water to blow bubbles. He's so much like me in that regard. He liked the Rocky Ridge water park.....that surprised me. We're still working on getting him to love his pool/sprinkler in the backyard. I think my kid is the only one on the planet who doesn't like a cool sprinkler on a hot day!!


6. Home Depot has the coolest program for kids. Every month they get to build a little project. They get a pin for their apron and a certificate each time they complete their project. Handy Hayden is available for all your household repairs. Most days he'll be rented out VERY CHEAP!


7. Is it me, or does everyone have a sound? You know.....like I know when Ralph is holding his keys or my keys because they sound totally different. My sound was off last week. I lost the charm off of my Tiffany bracelet. Boo! Daily activities without the familiar tinkle of my bracelet were just not the same. I didn't feel quite like myself. I am happy to say that Ralph found the charm and I sound more like myself this week!

8. I hate Monday's. Not because I have to go back to work.....although what I do is considered work......but because Ralph has to work. It's so much easier to parent with two people.

9. I knew the day would come. My baby isn't so much of a baby anymore. Olivia is moving so everything is changing. No more leaving her on the change table for a quick second. No more lying her on the counter while I run her bath. No more effortless diaper changes. This morning I woke up to her muffled morning noises because she had rolled over in bed. I love that she's growing and developing.....but I also love it when she's still.

10. Has anyone seen the ad for the Slap Chop by the Sham-Wow people? Check it out at https://www.slapchop.ca It's hilarious and I was tempted....

11. Heat does weird things to a kids appetite. Hayden won't eat. Olivia wants to eat more often.

12. I read an interesting perspective on ear piercing in infants. One woman said that you don't ask a little boy if he wants to be circumcised later in life, so why wait to have your little girls ears pierced? Now I really don't know what to do. I didn't circumcise Hayden, so does that mean I can't pierce Olivia's ears? Am I awful for wanting to 'maim' her lobes 'cause I think it's adorable?
Maybe it is like the age old circumcision debate.....I have to stick with the decision I make and live with it.

4 comments:

T said...

omg Slap Chop!!!!! my friend used to sell Pampered Chef and they had one exactly the same but I think it was $40 or something. Too rich for my blood and when I saw Slap Chop I was sooooo tempted!!!! (didn't that dude get charged with assulting a prostitute?)

Also, I just want to say that your blog is amusing AND informative. I learn more about products and kids stuff from your blog than most places.

The Blakeneys said...

I, too, love the product reviews! I know you like the method stuff -- time to get stocked up, I guess. I like the idea of the dryer sheets. Thanks for the tip!
Love the pic of Hayden in his Home Depot apron. Following in his daddy's footsteps!

www.erinkelly.ca said...

Hayden looks so sweet in his Home Depot apron!

Slap Chop makes me laugh! "you are going to have an exciting life."

ha! Theresa is right. That guy was charged with something.

Love your blog as always!

(ps---is Olivia wearing a BRACELET?)

Karatje said...

Yes, that's a bracelet on her chubby little wrist! Mommy made it for her....and has one to match!!