Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday!

1.. I feel too busy to blog.....but there is so much going on that I really want to blog about. Hmph. I am also conflicted. Should I continue writing an honest blog? My husband thinks I am too honest. Should I switch to the fluffy blog of only sunshiney-good things? Maybe I should just make the blog private.....

2.. Olivia is WALKING. She took steps on her birthday. She practiced in Mexico. And now she is givin'er!!



3.. You know your house needs a good Spring clean when a certain 4 year old notices and tries to "dust, dust, dust" for you :)

4.. My children stop dead in their tracks to watch Telus commercials. Mesmerized. Must be the combination of the animals and the music?! Olivia usually starts dancing. Having said that, she'll dance to anything musical. Including Hayden's rendition of "Baa, Baa Black Sheep!"

5.. Ralph and I had a seriously shagadellic time at the retro Casino Night (Ralph's company function) last Thursday......groovy, baby!

6.. I wonder if I should stop listening to the radio....some of the lyrics that come out of Haydens mouth, that I can't believe he remembers, are hilarious! But taken out of context, some people might question my parenting :)

7.. My children are both obsessed with oral hygiene. Olivia wants MY toothbrush as soon as she sees me brushing. Then she'll cart hers around most of the day. Hayden gets up and brushes his own teeth first thing in the morning.

8.. Olivia's two front teeth have pushed through. And a molar. ALL AT THE SAME TIME. The smile she flashes, with her scrunched up nose....priceless!

Please excuse the early morning, pajama wearing, peanut butter toast face :)

9.. Olivia helped herself to a snack. While I was vacuuming upstairs......

I find it ironic that her shirt reads "Fun To Be Me!" It's NOT so fun to be mommy :)

10. Hayden and I played hopscotch today....



Anyone who may have been watching probably had a good chuckle. Trying to explain "hop on one foot and jump on two feet" to Hayden.....funny stuff.

5 comments:

The Blakeneys said...

My vote is for "honest blog", even if it means you go private!!
Great pictures, as usual. Love the one of Olivia when she helped herself to a snack. Awesome. And Hayden hopscotching -- love it!

Shawna said...

Please, please keep it honest. That is what makes it wonderful to read. Real families have good and bad, and sharing it all is good for you and your readers.

Love the videos, especially little Olivia walking! She's on her way!

Scott & Tessa said...

Blogging should be somewhat screened...pure honesty should be kept for face to face conversations between close friends and loved ones...the whole world doesn't need to know your ENTIRE life...and who knows who reads these sometimes?? I'm with Ralph on this one...

Had to laugh at Olivia and her fruit loops, that's awesome!! She is so adorable. And Hayden hopping around...too funny. We'll have to get Hayden to explain hopscotch to Brody now...that will be entertaining!

Amanda said...

Omigod! That mouth full of TEETH! Olivia just keeps getting cuter & cuter. Great pics & video on this one!

As for the honest vs fluffy - I'm all for honest, but at the same time, all members of the family (read: husband!) need to be on board, I think. It's his life, his kids and his personal info too. Going private would give you/him control over who reads it, so maybe that's a good compromise. In the end, you want your blog to be a place where you feel safe to express yourself!

Either way - keep it up! I'll read your 'fluff' any day :-)

T said...

I love how you told Hayden "You Loose!" at hopscotch. Maybe not a bad thing to learn that in life there are winners AND losers. We tend to keep our kids a little too protected sometimes.

As for the blog, I like to compromise of making it private, but keeping a few friends in the loop. Hope I make the cut! ;-)