1. I had to replace a few of my flowers after the snowfall. Silly me! I thought I would be safe to do my planting after the MAY long weekend!! Snow in June....the nerve. The rain, however, has been wonderful for the new grass. The sod is taking root and turning greener every day!
2. Olivia smiles ALL OF THE TIME. She wakes up smiling. (She gets that from her mommy :)) She giggles. She has now discovered her tongue and she loves to stick it out....while she's smiling. She's a happy little girl and she's so content. I fear that she will then be an evil teenager.

3. Some days, my son is the spawn of Satan. He saves his best 'performances' for me so people think I'm lying. I'm telling you, him turning 2 was a piece of cake compared to him being 3. He's like a little Jekyll & Hyde.....super sweet one minute and having a nuclear meltdown over something minor the next. There are days I have no idea how to cope. (I still haven't read "Honey, I wrecked the kids!") Heaven help me for what his 4th birthday will bring......
4. Ralph doesn't have to go to Germany next week. Whew. BUT......he potentially has to go in August. Great. Now I'm solo with 2 kids and a new puppy.
5. I was at Bowness Park for the very first time last week. Bad Calgarian. Keri and I took the kiddies and we had a lovely picnic. I sure am loving being a stay-at-home mommy who gets to be out enjoying the sunshine!! Hayden had a great time at the park and only gave me one minor heart attack.....we looked over and he was hanging from the monkey bars. Laughing hysterically.
6. I need to start keeping a journal of all of the comical things Hayden says. And repeats. The only bad thing is that a journal could never relay his impeccable sense of timing.
7. I am happy to report that my dad was right! Brace yourself, Dad. I'm sure you haven't heard that too many times over my 34 years :) Mr.Clean Magic Eraser (formulated for bathrooms) really IS slick as goose poop. It's okay, Mom....anyone who knows Dad's sense of humor won't be offended by his 'colorful' description.
8. My first official BLINK wedding was on Saturday. I had to drive all the way to McKenzie Towne and I was incredibly fearful that I would be late. The traffic on Beddington Trail was brutal because of construction and at 11:30 I wasn't even on Deerfoot Trail yet...I had to be there at noon. I drove like a crazy person in a video game the whole way there, going about 120km/hr., and I made it in one piece. I walked up to Vanessa's door at exactly 12 noon. Whew! She was a super cool bride and I enjoyed her company while I gussied her up for the big event. I think that's why I love what I do. I get to meet really cool people and I'm the one who helps them look their best and feel like a model for their big day. Stay tuned for photos......
9. Olivia slept through the night 2 nights in a row. 11p-7a. YES!! Last night, however, she was up at 4:30a for a BIG snack....man, she was hungry! She then slept from 5a-7a, ate at 7:30a and then slept for another 2 hours from 9a-11a!! I was able to vacuum the house from top to bottom and mop and load the dishwasher and scoop the kitty litter and get dressed and brush my teeth. Now that's an accomplishment!
10. Hayden and I just rolled all of the money in his piggy bank. He has saved $34.50 to spend at Toys R Us tomorrow! I would bet it will be something car related and not clothing related. Maybe he'll treat Mommy to a Venti at Starbucks :)
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
10 on Tuesday!
Posted by Karatje at 2:00 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Olivia smiling - so beautiful!
Love the idea of keeping a journal of the funny things Hayden says. Kids really so say the darndest things!
I cannot believe you will be alone with 2 young kids AND a puppy. Do you have back-up support you can call in?
Can't wait to see pics from the first 'blink' wedding!
Loved seeing Hayden yesterday and how proud he was at his first major purchase! Cute.
As for Miss Olivia, she gets cuter every time I see her. With the addition of the new puppy, you guys are gonna be too cute to handle! :)
I'll just say one thing about boys being 3. Brace yourself. The 2's were nothing compared to what's about to come....
Sorry, but it's true.
Post a Comment