1. It is amazing that my flowers are still alive after the stupid snowfall. Seriously? Snow in June? I need to move.
2. Our grass is in!! I would have preferred precipitation in the form of rain, but moisture is moisture I guess. Now bring on the SUNSHINE!!
3. I love my stand up shower but I hate cleaning it. I can never get the hard water stains off the glass so it always looks dirty. We bought the scrubbing bubbles shower cleaner because someone told us it worked pretty well. HA! Ralph actually reacted to the chemicals and had a burn on his feet! They were a disgusting peely mess. This is why I have always used "natural" cleaners, but I find that Method, which I LOVE, isn't cutting it. Maybe I should try CLR. Hopefully Ralph's feet survive.
4. We shaved off Olivia's mullet today. It looks much cuter. Except for one thing.....there's nothing to keep her neck fat roll warm.
5. Olivia has started belly laughing the last few days and its usually at Hayden. I was crying and laughing at the same time the other night as Olivia and I watched Hayden splashing in the tub.....she was in stitches! By the time I grabbed the video camera, the humor had passed. Crap. I need my Flip so that I can keep it in my pocket for moments like those. Often, Hayden isn't doing anything especially goofy, in my opinion, but she sure thinks he's funny! It's very cool to see how much she absolutely loves her big, silly brother.
6. Isn't it funny that you, or maybe just I, never think to clean the oven until it's warming up to actually cook something and it stinks up the place?! Mine has a few spills in the bottom.....time to turn on the self-clean feature and open all the windows!
7. Ralph has to go to Germany again. Another week solo with 2 kids. 'nuff said.
8. Does anyone else feel like their house teeters on the delicate balance between looking neat and being over-run by kid stuff? I never want my house to look like a museum but I also hate the mess of toys everywhere. I thought the answer to this was having a playroom downstairs. Wrong. Hayden isn't fond of playing there all by himself, and I can't always stay with him. I think the perfect answer, Ralph, is to build me a scrapbooking room so I can always be nearby :)
9. Olivia's sleep schedule is totally screwed up. I was doing her last feed at 10p, then bath, then top up for bedtime at 10:45 or 11p. I changed her bath time to 8p (right after Hayden's bath) and everything went down hill. She was waking up for one feed somewhere between 3a and 4a and then sleeping until 8a. Awesome. Pretty good for 3 months old. Now, she has been waking up at 1a, 3a and 5 or 6a. BRUTAL!! Needless to say, we are going back to the old routine. Cross your fingers I haven't caused permanent damage.
10. My uncle Lyle was visiting from Vancouver this week with his girlfriend Andrea. (This is the first time we have met her and she is fabulous!) We had a BBQ at my Uncle Greg's house (with his wife Judy and my cousins Shaun and Amy.) We had a great chance to catch up and we had a really nice evening together. Uncle Lyle had not seen Hayden nor Olivia until Saturday night so I was happy they could meet. I think it was pretty awesome that I could take my husband and my kids to hang out with the cool Uncles I grew up with. One of those moments when you really feel like a grown up. I'm not their little niece anymore!
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
10 on Tuesday!
Posted by Karatje at 4:09 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
For your shower, use a Mr. Clean eraser (the one specifically for bathrooms) - it works slicker than goose shit!!!
Dad
Good thing Miss Olivia is giggling and laughing so much -- that's gotta make those early, early morning wake-ups a bit easier to deal with!!
Looking forward to some sun, too -- and perhaps a BBQ or 6 with you guys in your new backyard. :)
Another option for the shower is scrub free. You spray it on and then rinse it off after a few minutes. Very little scrubbing to be done. :o)
You know what i use for the shower? A pot scrubber that i buy at the Compleat Cook in WP village. I'm sure they sell them elsewhere though. It's basically a piece of towel that has been coated in clear coat and then it is all scratchy. They are my fav now for 3 years running, as a pot scrubber that is. But I now take it into the shower and just use hot soapy water and my pot scrubber and the glass shines like new. If you want to, i can send you a picture of what it looks like so you know what to look for. Let me know.
I like your dad's comment. Does he do showers??? Holy shit, Tim would never.....
Steph
Post a Comment