Tuesday, June 02, 2009

10 on Tuesday!! *edited*

Wow! This is 2 weeks in a row for me now......maybe I'm finding my groove?!

1. Is there anything more disturbing than getting to the last bite of toast and realizing that the bread is moldy?? GROSS! Am I going to be ill? What gives? Bread never lasts in our house, so how did this loaf go bad so fast? What's worse is that Hayden had a whole piece of toast right before me.

2. I have a pet peave about liquid Tide. I love the convenience of it, but I HATE that the container gets all sticky because of the drip that gets left behind in the measuring cup lid!! Grrr!

3. The carpet replacement is finished and the house looks awesome! I have now instituted the no food or drinks in the living room rule. I want to keep the carpet looking new forever.....HA! Good luck with kids and pets!! All weekend I was the new carpet nazi, "take your shoes off! and don't walk there!" Hayden put me in my place as I ran across the carpet in my flip flops this morning. So matter-of-fact-like he said "mommy, you're not supposed to do that.....the carpet guy will lose his mind!"

4. Olivia had her first BUMBO experience on Sunday....she looked so cute (and chubby) sitting there with her head held up on her own. What a different view of the world from now on.....she was very proud of herself.


Hayden was proud too and they celebrated by watching some cartoons together! I hope Hayden is always this protective of his baby sister. She loves him to pieces, and every time he comes in the room, she lights up. He dances and sings for her and she thinks it's the best entertainment ever!! I'll keep these pictures close by for the days when they fight.....to remind them that they really do love one another.


6. We went to look at purebred German Shepherd puppies on the weekend. Seriously the cutest things ever. We are missing Zeus and decided Summer would be a good time to have a new puppy. I wanted to take them all home! I was very impressed by the parents as well. They were so well behaved and friendly....all good traits to pass down to their babies. We'll have the new member of our family in late June when he's ready to leave his mama. We let Hayden name him and everyone will have to wait for that surprise!

7. My back has been killing me lately. I wonder if it's from carrying around a 17 pound, 3 month old baby girl? Or it could have been the awkward bending required to pot my plants. Or maybe I'm just getting old. Maybe a combo of all three.

8. We got rid of a few things at the family garage sale on the weekend. I find garage sales so funny. It's funny because I actually take offense when someone scoffs at crap I'm trying to get rid of!! How dare someone not want to pay top dollar for the painting I find unsuitable for my own kitchen!! We did make about $45 and got rid of a TV, nightstand, Hayden's elephant Halloween costume, a clothes drying rack, a plastic baby bath, 1 photo frame, 5 stuffies and 2 Estee Lauder GWP tote bags. Woo hoo! At least it's all out of my basement!

9. My blue recycling bin is overflowing!! Thank goodness our weekly pick-up starts next week!

10. I had a lovely coffee chat with my cousins on Monday morning. We went to the Starbucks at the Westhills Indigo so that Hayden could play with the Thomas track. He played nicely, as he is obsessed with all things Thomas, and Olivia slept the whole time. (She did wake up briefly to give Steph a little smile and then go right back to sleep.) Neither Steph nor Laurie even got to have a snuggle :( We did, however, manage to catch up a wee bit and promise to get together again VERY SOON!! I'm already looking forward to next time......

*Bonus* 11. How is it possible that with only have 5 pounds left to lose, I still can't get my wedding ring back on?@#! I jammed it on last week 'cause I was upset about it and then I couldn't get it off because of the swelling from the heat. Now I have a lovely crack at the base of my finger and a rash in the shape of a ring!! NICE.

7 comments:

Harm said...

You know the dogs name is going to be Queen related :)

Scott & Tessa said...

I solved your mystery....those feet are Brody's, because he wore those shorts over that day. They just look like pants because of the angle of the shot. I LOVE the picture of Hayden and Olivia from behind watching cartoons together...love those moments!

Harm said...

Eva said Brody aswell ! She recognizes the toes ;)

T said...

I totally hear you on the new carpet thing. We shampooed ours on this past weekend and it was everything I could do to feed the kids only dry cereal and water ;-) Sadly, you can only do that for a short time and then you have to live your life again.

Terrilltales said...

Yikes!! New carpet AND a new puppy!?! Not sure how well that is going to go over. :o)

The Blakeneys said...

I keep coming back to look at the pics of Olivia in the Bumbo. Soooo sweet!!
Love your 10 on Tuesdays.

Shawna said...

I did the same thing with my wedding ring. Jammed it on my finger 20 months ago, and still can't get it off! I guess sometimes the fingers are permanently bigger.