Friday, May 22, 2009

Traumatic Tuesday


Hayden was bit in the face by a dog that we were babysitting!!

I have no idea what happened, but
Hayden is lucky he didn't end up with worse injuries.
One minute he was giving the dog a toy, the next minute there
was growling and screaming.
Hayden knows how to behave with dogs.....
what the hell happened?#@$!

He has a single guy for an owner.
He was a rescue pet so the owner doesn't
know anything about the dog's first 1 1/2 years of life.

The photos don't do it justice.
He had a bloody, fat nose. A swollen eye.
Blood everywhere.
I FREAKED OUT!!!

Needless to say, the dog went to a kennel that afternoon.
He got off lucky.

Tuesday:
Wednesday:



His wounds looks better every day, though his eye is now
a lovely yellowey-purpley color.

Poor little guy.
He hates his antibiotics and whines, "mommy, it tastes gross"
every time I have to administer them (3 times a day.)
Last night he cried "what's happening to me?" because the
medicine gives him diarrhea.
To top it off, the topical cream stings his face.

Stupid dog.
I forgot to mention the dog peed on the carpet
outside Hayden's room, Olivia's room,
and in the living room by Hayden's chair.
And left us a "present" in Hayden's playroom.
He's lucky he's alive.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh. My. Gawd. Poor Hayden! And poor YOU. That is truly traumatic. Hopefully he doesn't develop a fear of dogs, but I wouldn't blame him if he does. The face would be the worst place to get bitten...poor guy.

Glad that dog is out of your house - he clearly isn't house broken or used to being around kids!

Harm said...

He is a big boy now :) Is it sick I'm looking at houses in Calgary now?

T said...

OMG, what a nightmare for all of you! I guess Hayden is lucky? It could have been more serious...
On the other hand, it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Hopefully he'll heal quickly.