1. Life with 2 children is BUSY! I know other moms have shared this little tid-bit of information with me, and it's really true. It is a bit of a juggling act. We're still trying to find our way....but I hope to be a well-oiled machine one day! Don't even get me started on how few times a week I shower or how little time I have behind the computer......
2. The lack of sleep is catching up with me. I keep saying I will nap....and it never seems to happen. I say I should go to bed early....but that never happens either. I felt VERY grouchy this morning as a result of 3 weeks of broken sleep. I felt better after a big cup of coffee!
3. I can't believe my baby girl is almost 1 month old!!
4. I'm still trying to decide when I should put Olivia in her room. We are up every 2-3 hours at night so it's pretty convenient to have her right beside me. Ralph says it's totally up to me. I'm having mixed feelings. For some reason, it feels too soon.
5. Ralph has to take a business trip to Atlanta for ONE WHOLE WEEK.....starting on Sunday! I'm freaking out a little. Those are going to be some LONG days with no breaks. Eek. I'll be going to bed at 9:30 every night for sure! Just one more reason to keep Olivia in our room for a little while longer.....
6. My sister, Kelly, was in town for a weekend visit. I guess short and sweet is better than nothing. I hadn't seen her since the Summer, so it was really nice to have some time together. She was here for the baby shower and she got to see our new house, and meet her niece for the first time.
7. Olivia had a little milestone! I tickled her cheek and she smiled and let out 2 big giggles!! Mommy was, of course, in tears. I don't care if it was gas....it was the sweetest sound. She loves to smile in her sleep.....she must be having sweet dreams.
8. What is it with boys and their fascination with electronics? I don't get it. If I push the power button and the TV comes on, I'm happy. If I push play on the DVD player to catch a chick flick, I'm happy. It can even be a full-screen version. Not so much the case for Ralphie. We just got a new $230 bulb for the big screen TV and a Blue-Ray DVD player. Sorry honey, I really don't see the difference.
9. I've heard of putting Prep-H on puffy eyes..........but Zincofax bum cream as a moisturizer?? Olivia had a mini facial this morning. Courtesy of Hayden. Thank goodness he missed her eyes! Guess she'll have to get used to these sorts of "tortures" at the hands of her big brother!
10. I had a mini heart attack the other day. I was in the computer room and Hayden was in the family room with Olivia (who was asleep in her swing.) Suddenly, Hayden was standing beside me saying, "here you go Mommy!" WITH MISS OLIVIA IN HIS ARMS!!! I tried not to freak out too much but my heart was racing. I don't know how he muscled her out of the swing, and managed to carry her without dropping her?! The funny thing was, he was totally supporting her head the whole time he held her.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Ten on Tuesday...on Wednesday!
Posted by Karatje at 10:55 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
# 10 is crazy!
Love the photo of Olivia - she has beautiful eyes, and long gorgeous eyelashes :-)
OMG #10!!!!!!
It sucks on those occasions when you have to be a single parent and look after 2 kids on your own. BUT, think about the positives....you can look like crap (if that's possible for you) and you guys can all eat PBJ sandwiches for dinner. It's a simpler life ;-)
What a beautiful little girly! :o)
Post a Comment