Wednesday, February 16, 2011

10 on "oops....it's not Tuesday?!"

1..As I walk around my house, I realize I didn't really choose colors that were child friendly.  And perhaps, that there are no paint colors that are immune to marks when there are cars and toys flying down the stairs!  The brown trim in our house (on the baseboards and banisters) is taking a serious beating!!  Time again for touch-ups!

2..Grandma & Grandpa came for a visit!!  There were LOTS of snuggles and books to be read and games to be played.....and horsing around.  I think Grandma & Grandpa need a rest :)



 3..Oh, and lots of Peek-a-boo, too:



4.. Grandma & Grandpa got the kids chocolates and stickers and cars and babies for Valentines Day.  Mommy & Daddy just got them sunglasses:


5.. Grandma & Grandpa got to see the kids at their swimming lessons on Saturday morning and they also got to watch Hayden play his second last game of indoor soccer.  I love that they got to see the kids in their day-to-day routine:







6.. I was hired by a lady to do makeup for her photo shoot. She got my name through Google (and she lives in Tuscany!)  I was going to go to her house but it didn't work out for childcare so we planned for her to some here.  She assured me not to worry as she has 5 grown children of her own.  Ok.  I begged and bribed asked the kids to be on their best behavior.  To be quiet as mice in the playroom.  We set out a picnic of snacks and turned on a movie.  Perfect right?!  Ha.  This is my life we're talking about :) 

When I answered the door, she had chocolates for me, and she made cookies for my kids.  Wow.  How nice is that, right?!  She was really cool, she had amazing makeup potential (and my mind was immediately racing with ideas) and she was very easy to chat with.  Thank goodness.  20 minutes later, Olivia was the first to interrupt our appointment.  I guess she wanted to hang out with the girls.  And I'll give her credit, she quietly played on her own while I worked away.  Then, the WORST thing happened.  Olivia pooped.  Brilliant.  So much for the professional ambiance I had created.    What are the odds?@#!  My guest merely laughed and assured me to pay no mind at all.  Which was difficult considering the smell :)  Then, Hayden came upstairs.  I assumed he was coming up to tell me he needed to poop.  Instead, he demanded more juice.  Seriously?@#!  I need to lock this kid in his room until he figures out how to get his own juice work on his manners.  And his timing.  Again I excused my children, and again my gracious guest told me not to worry.  The silver lining.....she wants to have a BLINK Beauty Basics AND she loved her look AND gave me a little tip with my payment.  Nice.  I'll post her photos when the professional ones come in.

7.. I held a BLINK Beauty Basics last Thursday night (in Okotoks.....holy CRAP that's a long drive!)  I donated the prize for Ralph's Christmas party and 2 of the 6 ladies were really interested in having a party of their own.  Woot!  Here's hoping for the snowball effect I am waiting for.  And, I have another charity Beauty Basics tomorrow night.  In Lake Bonavista.  I wish someone in the NW would book a party :)

8.. Hayden got a pretty cool shirt (that he LOVES) from Auntie Keri:


9..We bottled our new batch of wine this weekend!! It's pretty "young" and it needs to age for awhile but it sure is delicious.  Think about the flavor of biting into a plum :)


10.Tessa sent me a few old photos last week and it's amazing how young we look!   Maybe I'm just feeling old and reminiscing about the skinnier, less grey and fewer wrinkles me 'cause I'm turning 36 next week....eek!

This little blast from the past was almost 9 years ago :)

5 comments:

Shawna said...

Listen, I was already thinking how great you looked in the swimming photos, so don't even start. Great update! So exciting about the Make Up parties.

www.erinkelly.ca said...

It's probably best if you move to the SE.

LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!

The Blakeneys said...

Aside from shorter hair, YOU LOOK THE SAME. I'm afraid we can't be friends anymore -- unless you start looking older soon. :)

LOVE all the pictures. Hayden's a total fish in the water!

PS - I don't like red wine usually, but I'm waiting for my invite to come over and sample the new stuff. Please.

Amanda said...

Um - you make MALBEC? That's my new addiction! (Okay, maybe I shouldn't refer to a love of wine as an 'addiciton').

And I'm with the ladies - you are NOT allowed to dis yourself - you haven't aged at all...if anything, you look better than ever!

Jennifer said...

I have NO sympathy for #6...you need to start taking friends up on their offers. End of story!!