Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday

1.. Here's a little more Christmas cheer for ya'!



2..We must have a vortex for lost things in my house. I suspect it's Olivia and I have NO IDEA where her hiding place is!  First, it was her black bows for her hair.  She took them out before we left the house and I still haven't found them.  Next, it is the snowshoeing bird I had placed in our bookcase for Christmas.  Gone.  I've looked everywhere!  The latest victim is my scrub brush for dishes.  They were playing with it 'cause it has a suction cup on the end and it makes a funny noise when it comes un-stuck :) and now it's gone too!

3.. I am living with pete and re-peat.  Everything Hayden says, Olivia tries to repeat.  It's a fun little game we play.  Yesterday it was the word "gooey" which had us in giggles :)

4..Sunday at work was fabulous damaging for my ego.  They're NOT "natural highlights" and calling them that doesn't make me feel better about them.  It's wiry gray hairs, folks.  And they're multiplying.  Nor am I expecting another baby, but thanks for noticing I'm fat.  Thanks for shopping and Happy Holidays to you too :)

5..Ralph and I went shopping without kids (thanks Tessa!)  Wow.  You can get a lot done when there aren't little people around demanding your time and attention and patience.  We even managed a quiet dinner together.  A very successful trip to Cross-Iron Mills indeed.

6..I am very impressed by Ralph's ability to put ponytails in Olivia's hair.  He has done it twice and he does a pretty great job.  'Atta boy! 

7..I FINALLY sold my stroller!  I {heart} Kijiji once again.

8..Now that Hayden wants to spell and sound out EVERYTHING, we have had a challenge with "c."   How do you explain to a 4 year old that "cake" and "cat" don't start with "k," they start with "c!"  I found a word to illustrate my point....circle.  I think he understood (?) that "c's" can be tricky because they can sound different!

9..There should be some sort of cosmic understanding that when you run into someone you haven't seen in a long time.....you should look HOT!   You should NOT be at the end of your day, looking frazzled at your children with little trace of makeup, old jeans and 3 day old hair!  And claim you are a makeup artist?!  Aarrgghhhhh!

10. I don't like night showers. I'm a bath at night and wash your hair in the morning kind of girl.   (except for yesterday, aka #9!) I think it's because I am not blessed with wash-and-go hair.  I require blow-drying and flat-ironing and I NEVER feel like doing that before I go to bed. 

2 comments:

The Blakeneys said...

Boo to #4. WooHoo to #5. #1 is super cute. I agree with #9 and I'm totally the same with #10.

Shawna said...

Ditto. In the last couple of weeks, we have run into the same person a few times, and every time it is when we just finished working out and look like crap. Ugh!