Friday, December 10, 2010

TGIF

1.. I'm going to be vague and brief by saying this has been THE WORST week EVER!  If you haven't heard about it already, when I see you in person, I'll share the brutal details.  If you know the story, thank you SO MUCH for being supportive.

2.. Indirectly related to #1.....I HATE Mondays!  They are a total blur.  Hayden goes to school at 12:15 and Olivia comes right home for a nap.  I wake Olivia up from her nap to pick Hayden up at 3:15, we're home for 20 minutes then we're back in the car and off to soccer.  Soccer is for an hour (which I don't get to watch much of because I'm keeping Olivia out of trouble) and we come home again for dinner.  All by 5:15p. Whew.

3.. I LOVE Tuesdays.  We have NOWHERE to be :)

4.. I need to choose a Kindergarten for Hayden.  Everyone with children please weigh in. I'm thinking Tuscany School is "out" because I don't hear great things about it.  I don't want to take him there just because it's close. I don't think it's "necessary" to go private, but that's only MY personal opinion.  I survived public school!  I'm thinking about the TLC program at Brentwood......

5.. Why is it that my cats are smart(??) enough to poop in the bathroom when they are too lazy to use the litter box?  Gross.  Sorry.....that came WAY out of left field.

6.. We did some shopping at Cross Iron Mills the other night.  They should really put a pen around this floor and charge babysitting fees.  They would make a fortune!  And the adults would actually get some shopping done :)



7..I FINALLY got Hayden's school photos back!  What a little dude he is:




8.. I heard on the radio that WalMart is open 24 hours from now until Christmas.  Is it weird that I want to go in at some un-godly hour just to see who's shopping?!  Is it also strange that it sounds appealing to go in and simply wander about and maybe get some shopping done.  Without my children.  When it's not busy?!

9.. On the other hand......sleep is SO valuable :)

 10. We are totally in the festive spirit at the Deters household.  Olivia is learning new words every day and is now picking up song lyrics.  She gets that from her Grandpa :)



6 comments:

The Blakeneys said...

I'm glad your week is over, too!! Phewf. You made it.

Olivia's singing video is AWESOME. "Caws!" Tell lil' miss that's my favourite part, too.

Plan: You, me, movie, then late night shopping at Walmart!! Name the day. :)

T said...

I know two families who have their kids in the TLC in Brentwood and they have great things to say about it. The only downfall (if you see it that way) is that they are known for massive amounts of homework. The kindergartener I know has approx 1.5 hours per night! And I think that's the norm ;-) But if you are willing to put in the time, it might be well worth it.

Hayden's pics are fabulous!!! I LOVE a black background, looks awesome. And let's face it, the subject is pretty darn cute anyway.

Terrilltales said...

I heard what happened this week....YIKES!.....I hope Hayden heals up quick. His pictures are fantastic! I think we need some new photographers down this way. Loved Olivia's singing!! Too cute. Makes me want to put on some Christmas music. I hope you have a better weekend.

Shawna said...

I love that little piece of floor at Cross Iron Mills. Hayden's photos look great. Homework sucks, and does NOT improve grades, avoid it if you can. Other than that, I have no school choice advice, we chose ours because it was super-close, and love it. I hope you have a better week this week.

Harm said...

I'm surprised they give homework in kindergarten....

www.erinkelly.ca said...

I love that video of Olivia!

What a cutie pie!

Hayden is such a cool dude!