Thursday, May 06, 2010

Waterworks

Hayden brought home a special craft
from preschool today.
A special gift for Mother's Day.
It think it was supposed to be a surprise.....
but he keeps a secret just as well as his Mommy
and he told me about his
creation on Tuesday.

He couldn't wait to give it to me.
And I LOVE it.
It's a good thing I waited until we were in the car
before I read it 'cause I started bawling.
Emotional much?!


I've heard the poem before:

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls

But every day I'm growing
I'll be all grown up someday
And all those tiny hand prints
Will surely fade away.

So here's a little hand print
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.

Because it came from Hayden
this time.....I was a goner.

And, he told me he made the hand prints
purple for me 'cause that's
my favorite color.

I'm welling with tears again.....

6 comments:

The Blakeneys said...

Awwww! I totally welled reading this, too!! What a good kid you have there, mama. Total sweetheart...who definitely knows his mom. :)

Shawna said...

So, so sweet. And it is true that it means more when it comes from your own little one. (We have two of these, Father's Day gifts, that I framed and hung on the wall.) The poem still brings tears to my eyes, because it is so true.

Harm said...

Woah thats wicked! You should keep that one for when he turns 16 ( atleast ) And make one with his hands then!

Terrilltales said...

I love, love, LOVE those cards! Makes you love being a mom.

Terrilltales said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
T said...

That's a good one......pass the tissues.......now.