Tuesday, October 20, 2009

10 on Tuesday!

1.. Hayden and Olivia had their first ride together in a grocery cart today. Maybe I should have taken the photo at the beginning of the shopping expedition when they were both happy ;)

2.. In a related story.....Olivia's grouchiness has a lot to do with the fact she cut her first tooth this weekend. I'm not used to having her be so "high-maintenance." Poor little thing.

3.. We are in a battle royal with Hayden to chew with his mouth closed at dinner time. I think we ask him about 62 times throughout the course of our meal. This morning, while watching cartoons, he said "Look, Bugs Bunny doesn't chew with his mouth closed." Sure enough, Good 'ol Bugs was gnawing away on a carrot and pieces were flying everywhere. Thanks a lot Bugs.

4.. Hayden FINALLY sang me the song he learned at preschool. It's like pulling teeth getting any information out of him about his day!



5.. We finally made it to the Science Center and it was pretty cool. I think Hayden will get more out of his visits when he's older, but we still had fun. Where else could he build a race car, lift himself with a pulley system, fly a spaceship and build a bridge all in one day?!


6.. For those of you who don't check out the Blakeney's Blog, here are the AWESOME Halloween pictures they took of the kids:



7.. Tea time with Hayden and Olivia:



8.. You know those mixed CD's we all used to make. I took 6 of my very faves from my collection, and put them in the rental car for our trip to Saskatoon. It dawned on me the other day......I LEFT THEM IN THE CD PLAYER OF THE RENTAL CAR!!!! Crap. I am so sad.

9.. The Boy Scouts who came to our door on the weekend had impeccable timing. Ralph had plans to go to the bottle depot, but instead of making the trip, he donated all of our bottles! The poor guy could hardly carry the bag Ralph handed over.

10. I love my little Mazda 3. I didn't want to give up the "fun" car. However, I look forward to driving an SUV full time (I only drive Ralph's company vehicle part time) so that I have MORE SPACE! Kids and stroller and groceries have to be very strategically packed. When Ralph's lease is up, I'll get the practical mommy vehicle.....that I thought I didn't want but now know that I need..... and he'll get the fun car.

4 comments:

The Blakeneys said...

Great song, Hayden!! And sweet Olivia waving. Love your videos. These will be so fun to look back on in a few years.

www.erinkelly.ca said...

OH MY CUTENESS!!!

They are both so sweet.

Love the videos.

T said...

We LOVE The science center! Ronan had an annual pass when he was 3 ;-)

An SUV (or gasp....mini-van!)does help a lot with all the crap you have with kids. I just find it easier to load kids while standing up, rather than being hunched over like we have to do in David's "cool" car.

And why is it that every kid LOVES tea parties? CUTE!

Shawna said...

Take heart. Someone was pleasantly surprised to have some awesome music to listen to when they rented a vehicle.