Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Just For Fun!!

July 1, 2008

We had a TON of fun today at Calaway Park!
The weather was a bit overcast, but still pleasant.....
we were there for 4 hours and no nap!!
I was very impressed by how many rides Hayden
could go on all by himself.
(He was past the purple height marker and into the orange,
which means my baby is almost 36" tall!!)
He looked like such an independent big boy.
The adults sure had fun too!!

Henk, Eveline & Ralph flew solo for this ride....




I went with Henk & Eveline on the rollercoaster....
we're in the second car....
and screamed in Henk's ear the whole ride!



These swings were more Hayden's speed...
still too scary for mommy!


"WHEE!!"


Maybe we are sadistic parents,
but we took Hayden on the log ride!
He was really excited until after
the first "mini" drop.
If you look closely, he has his hands over his eyes!!

Our log boat is under all of that water....

I think we may have scarred Hayden for life....
but we sure had fun doing it!
He was laughing a few moments later.
We asked him if he wanted to go again but the
answer was a definite "NO!"




A lot of excitement for this little guy!
He power-napped for 45 minutes on the way home.
Daddy won him the kitty
(and the bumble bee tossed to the side)
which made a great pillow!



2 comments:

Scott & Tessa said...

What a cutie! Looks like he had a lot of fun...and you guys too! I can't wait to go together so Hayden can show Brody all of the cool rides!! I am kind of excited to go on rides myself too...

The Blakeneys said...

What a fun Canada day!! And it looks like it wasn't just Hayden that had a good time and behaved like a kid... ;)