Thursday, March 13, 2008

*~*Sigh*~*

My little boy is growing up so fast.

We were playing at the park this morning,
and he was running around
like he loves to do.
Up the stairs and down the slide,
all by himself.
Through the tunnel
with a big goofy grin,
all by himself.

I just sat on the swing and watched
him in action.
He didn't need my help.
Cool. Sad? Yay!

After about 20 minutes,
I suggested that we go back to the house
soon for some hot chocolate.
He looked at me with his rosy cheeks
and runny nose and said,
"sounds good!"

Who are you, and what did you do with my baby?@#!

So, we started off for home.
He insisted (of course he did....do you know my son?)
that he walk beside Zeus and hold the leash.
I discreetly held the leash too,
but Hayden was very proud to be doing
such a big boy job all on his own.

What a character.
This is just one more reason why I am so VERY grateful
to be a stay-at-home mommy
for my little man.






4 comments:

The Blakeneys said...

"Sounds good". Love it. (Although 'Zamboni' is still my favourite...)

Amanda said...

I have a little brother & sister (7&5) and I remember that stage when they really start using 'adult' sentences. It's so odd, cute & sad at the same time - because you realise they are growing up so fast!
Hayden is very lucky to have his mom around to watch him grow every step of the way.

Scott & Tessa said...

How true....And I truly do envy you for being home with him almost every day. I am always sad to go to work in the morning! At least now I know that this is what I want after next baby...to be home to enjoy those little moments with the littlest, most precious people in your life...they go by so fast!
And Hayden is sooo sweet! I love all his little 'sayings' and 'words'. He can crack me up AND bring tears to my eyes!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.