Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm 21 Months Old!!

January 21, 2008

It is impossible for me to list all
of the cute things Hayden
is doing these days so,
I will write a 'greatest hits'
list instead....

Hayden is VERY busy.
I know that he is exploring in
an effort to figure everything out,
and so much of what he is doing doesn't
exactly mean to be bad.....
but I could do without
him operating the DVD player
all on his own!

Lately, he has had an obsession
with sitting in the sink!?
It's a good thing Mommy always(?)
has the dishes done....

.....not sure what tall-tales he is
telling the faucet, but he
was chatting away in there for
at least 15 minutes.

He is also quite fascinated
by the whole ritual of hand-washing.
So, we wash our hands
4-6 times a day.
No germs in our house.


I love that he is now better able
to tell me what he wants.
(And he certainly lets me know
what he doesn't want!)
He doesn't fight me anymore when it's time to nap.
He has been trying to convince me
that our day should begin at 6:30 AM.
He will go to the pantry and say "snack,"
or he will go to the fridge
and say "juice."

He loves to take Zeus
for a walk so he can "poop and pee."
And you wouldn't believe
the talking he does as we walk down the street.
It's like he practices every word he knows,
in no particular order,
the minute we get outside.
Hilarious.

He is putting words together.
"push door" "key open" "hot coffee"
"daddy car" "mommy juice"
"more please" "see you"
"light on......"

And, some new Dutch words are in the vocab too:
"mand" (bed) "snoepje" (candy)
"lekker" (yummy) and "los" (let go.)

He loves to "talk" on the phone.
When he is pretending, he chats up a storm.
The minute Grandma or Grandpa
are on the other end,
he just listens and smiles!

We have been working on counting.....
"one, two, six, seven, nine, ten."
Too cute.

I guess it was bound to happen.
My baby is becoming a little boy.




2 comments:

The Blakeneys said...

Crazy how much he changes even in a WEEK! Love that sweater, by the way. What a cutie.

www.erinkelly.ca said...

i love those sink shots! how fun.