January 26, 2008
Nemo II was not well this week.
(Maybe he is mourning the passing of his fish buddy, Nemo I,
who was flushed last week.)
Last night I wanted to cry as I was putting Hayden to bed.
Hayden looks at me with wide eyes, tilts his head,
and says "Nemo, sick."
To which I responded, "yes baby, he is."
Good grief.
How do you explain death to a not-quite-2 year old??
I guess you don't, really.
You just go and get him a new fish.
A very cool beta fish.
And 2 frogs.
Nemo II was not well this week.
(Maybe he is mourning the passing of his fish buddy, Nemo I,
who was flushed last week.)
Last night I wanted to cry as I was putting Hayden to bed.
Hayden looks at me with wide eyes, tilts his head,
and says "Nemo, sick."
To which I responded, "yes baby, he is."
Good grief.
How do you explain death to a not-quite-2 year old??
I guess you don't, really.
You just go and get him a new fish.
A very cool beta fish.
And 2 frogs.
3 comments:
awwwwwww...sad.
Poor Nemo(s). Can't wait to find out what Hayden names these new guys!
you're right...that fish totally has an underbite.
'Nemo, sick'. Heartbraking!
Post a Comment