We were off to the Mayan Riviera for 10 days....WOOT!
(and it was a bonus that we were celebrating
Henk & Eveline's 40th Wedding Anniversary!)
We stayed at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya and I would say that
it was one of the nicest resorts we have stayed at.
The buildings were modern, the grounds manicured,
the Spa was awesome,
the Spa was awesome,
the beach was calm and lovely and white,
and the rooms were BIG with a jetted tub!
Here are some of my favorite pics:
The first 3 days of our vacation were spent on the sunny and beautiful beach!
We fed the iguanas, built sandcastles, played in the water,
collected over 200 seashells, had yummy food
.....and lots of flying gorillas :)
.....and lots of flying gorillas :)
I have very few pictures of Hayden because he spent
every possible moment in the ocean!
This picture is a miracle because I HATE the water.
I am terrified to have my feet off the ground.
And I am living proof that not everything floats in salt water :)
Olivia and I stayed close to shore....
she's a land-lover like her mama!
she's a land-lover like her mama!
Then the weather took a turn for the worse. BOO!
Our resort was boarded up and we were "locked" in our rooms
in preparation for Hurricane Rina.
Ralph and I still went to the spa on Wednesday,
for a couples massage and
for a couples massage and
a very cool series of water treatment showers,
then we played by the pool until the rain really set in.
Friday was amazing and calm and the weather was AWESOME!!
We spent the WHOLE day on the beach....
and I drank a LOT of Mojitos :)
and I drank a LOT of Mojitos :)
It was a really great day....even if it was our last :(
Then, to top off our great day, we had a special dinner
at the Japanese A la Carte Restaurant....
In spite of our weird weather on Wednesday and Thursday,
and since Rina turned out to be just a tropical storm,
we had a really great time,
and we have the memories (and tans!) to prove it.






2 comments:
LOVE the pictures! Another amazing Deters' trip. Glad the storm didn't get in your way too much!
You guys look BROWN! Looks like a beautiful spot.
Post a Comment