Another busy week at the Deters household......but here's some little tid-bits :)
1.. Hayden is much more into building creative things with his Lego these days. He comes up with some pretty wild stuff with that budding imagination! His latest creation was a Lego man version of himself.....
He made special mention of the fact they are BOTH wearing
a black shirt and brown shorts.....
....and blue boxers underneath!!
How's that for attention to detail?! I almost peed my pants whilst
looking at the disproportionate little creation
by my oh-so proud and smarty-pants son :)
2.. Soccer on Tuesday was.....interesting. It always looks to me like Hayden isn't really paying attention but he sure gets excited about scoring goals!
3.. I started back to school myself on Tuesday nights. I am taking DUTCH 100 at UofC. (Scott, my brother-in-law, is my school-buddy) Our teacher is awesome. She is funny and interactive and helpful and not condescending when we are trying to speak some difficult words and sentence structures. I look forward to having some "real" conversations with the Dutch family in my near future.
4.. Hayden got his school photo proofs back today. Not loving the poses, and he's in a goofy smile phase when he's forced, but feel free to weigh in on your faves! Especially the grandparents ;)
By the by, I think it looks like they had him doing the Macarena in Image 2. What is with his hands?? I personally like Image 4 and Image 5.
5.. I am totally undecided as to whether I should do the makeup for my sisters wedding in July, or whether I should relinquish the duties and just be her Matron of Honor. It's a hard job to leave to someone else, but I don't necessarily want to "work" on her wedding day.
6.. I have purchased my super hot Matron shoes. Must have dress measurements in soon. Eek!
7.. We are luck enough to have scooped some tickets from Tessa for Cirque de Soleil on Friday night.....WOO-HOO! I can't wait to see OVO and give my 2 cents.
8.. This sweet sleeping face equals success for Mommy.....she completed LOADS of piddly little errands today :)
9.. The kids did some chalk art on the driveway today. Easter eggs. Weird. Hayden was practicing patterns so it was super cute all the same.
Just for the record, my daughter did NOT go out in flip-flops and no jacket today. Only for a photo op and unveiling of their hard work. She wore leggings and a coat and sensible shoes today. Unlike her mommy ;)
10. Ralph is sick and now I have a sore throat. Seriously?!










2 comments:
Image 5 is my fave. Your welcome for the Cirque tkts...but I should point out that it's on Saturday night...just so you don't go on the wrong night! :)
Super cute lego man and chalk art...very creative little man! Boo to being sick...just get it over with before Mexico!!!
Love the lego boxer shorts, THAT is hilarious!!! And I say don't do the make-up. You will have enough to worry about and you want to enjoy the day too. If your sister is as good looking as you are, she won't need perfect make-up to look beautiful on her wedding day.
Post a Comment