Thursday, April 07, 2011

10 on.....Friday?!

1..Nick & Keri have just celebrated their 5th Anniversary!!  We were supposed to be going to Aussie Rules (which got postponed....boo!) but we went out anyways :)  We went to Olives and had a deliciously decadent dinner with yummy wine and the awesome company of our best-est friends.   Afterward, we zipped over to the Casino, which we never do, and we had some serious laughs!!  I think Nick was the only one who left with any money, and I always feel guilty cause I could have bought some cool clothes for the $80 bucks we lost, but it was still really fun. 

2.. I worked my last shift for Shoppers last Saturday.  Total mixed feelings.  And I think the most stressful part was driving there because of all of the crazy snow!!

3..The upside to Saturday......I got a Blackberry Torch!  I love my new toy and I love that I have a calendar and contacts at my fingertips.  I can admit that I'm a little overwhelmed by everything it does, but I'm sure I'll be an expert in no time!  e - I hear there is a SOC app??

4..It was really nice to be off on a Sunday and spend it with the family.  We puttered about for awhile, went to exchange our table at EQ3 and then went to Kitchen & Patio on the recommendation from a lady at work who said they have beautiful stuff.  She was right and everything was on crazy sale 'cause they have gone bankrupt!  We bought our first ever silk plants (for outside in the tall pots that refuse to grow anything.....and we've tried!!)

5..Olivia went into her BIG girl bed!!  No fuss.  No hassle.  Plus we sold all of her baby furniture through Kijiji on Sunday so she didn't really have a choice :)


Thank goodness for her easy going nature.  She stayed there all night and she even calls for us in the morning.  I keep thinking I'll go in and find her sleeping on the floor among a pile of toys and books :)

6..I have lost count of how many weddings I have booked.  I think I'm at 10.  Or 11. 

7.. How do you work weekends, do makeup for weddings and still have time for holidays??

8..I had my first shift for Estee Lauder on Tuesday (at Holt's)  It felt kinda' cool to be at work during the week.  I had to drop of the kids, get on the train and go to work.  My old routine.  I even booked another wedding on my Blackberry while I was at the train station!  Plus I got to go for coffee with my SIL without kids running around my ankles.  A pretty good day all in all! 

9.. My sister officially asked me to be her Matron of honor!  That's right.....MATRON.  And we get to wear a cool pewter colored dress.  (I'm already totally thinking about makeup!)  I'm SO EXCITED for her and I can't wait to be with her when she walks down the aisle.  I tear up every time we're on the phone and she tells me about her plans.  Now I just have to wait until next year?@#!

10.I witnessed two late-twenty-somethings in a total make-out session in Sobey's parking lot!  I pulled into a parking space on Wednesday afternoon at 3:30 and they were going at it right in front of me!!  I can't even remember the last time I made out in a car.  Do people actually do that after x number years of marriage? (Maybe I've opened  a new topic for girls night dinner?!)  Ah well.  Good for them :)

4 comments:

The Blakeneys said...

When is Kelly's wedding?? Keep forgetting to ask you if they picked a date. Love your new phone. Love Olivia's new bed. Love that you have a new job. And love that you are going to make MILLIONS this summer with all the weddings you are doing. :)

www.erinkelly.ca said...

you get 50 points if you make out in a car in your pewter dress at kelly's wedding.

Shawna said...

Yay for Olivia in her new bed! And yay for you and your new job and phone and business! And yay (I guess?) for the couple in the parking lot? I thought people stopped doing that when they had their own home to go to instead.

T said...

Making out in a car? So either these two people were crazy in love....or lust? In which case I say, why not???? Or, they were both cheaters and had no other place to go. In which case I say you should have honked your horn (accidentally) and scared the pants off of them ;-)

Kitchen and Patio is going out of business???? I think I might have to head over there....um....now!