1.. Christmas was quiet but good. We had so much fun playing Santa for the kids, and their reactions were worth all the preparations! The aftermath was shocking:
We hosted Christmas this year so the kids had lots of time to play while Mommy and Daddy cleaned up the mess and prepared dinner. (We had non-traditional, but very delicious, Raclette.)
This is the only photo of the kids dressed up.....and standing still!
2.. Santa has a sick sense of humor. Here's one of the little gems from my stocking:
We decided to try them. I thought maybe they were being silly and just trying to make you think you were eating gross flavors. BIG mistake. I got a pencil shavings (ew!) followed by a juicy pear (...ok) and then a baby wipes (gross!) I flat out refuse to eat any more. I'm not lucky enough to keep getting good flavors :)
3.. I asked for a watch for Christmas. I got a watch for Christmas. It wasn't exactly what I was hoping for and I felt awful telling Ralph that I didn't love it. He tried really hard to pick out something he thought I would like. But what's worse?? Telling him I like it but never wearing it, or telling him I would like to exchange his gift for something else?? We did go and exchange it for a watch that I love. And he said he'll never try to buy me a watch again. I've come to the conclusion that a watch is a pretty personal piece of jewelery, and you're better off with a gift card to go and pick out one for yourself :)
4.. If Clairns makeup remover can take a Sharpie mustache off of a Cabbage Patch kid, imagine what it can do for your mascara!!
5.. Our New Year's Eve was pretty fun....until I had to work the next day at 9am :) There was a big party at Tessa & Scott's, and though I'm not the biggest fan of the holiday, I sure had enough booze to make for a great time! You'll have to check Facebook for the rest of the debauchery.....
6.. Happy 34th Birthday Ralphie!! Our Holiday celebrations are always brought to a close with Ralph's birthday (on January 2nd.) I always feel bad for him that everyone is tired and done with the partying and going out. I had to work this year so the poor guy even made his own dinner! (And Olivia blew out the candles on his cake.) But I got him some cool presents to make up for it :)
7.. Ralph went back to work today. BOO! Co-parenting this last week has been awesome and I miss having my hubby around. Olivia has become quite the Daddy's Girl so she is also missing Daddy BIG TIME!
8.. Fabric softener. Where have you been all my life? For someone who hates the animal fat crap in dryer sheets and refuses to use them, but struggles with static because the Method sheets she loves are not so great for the static cling....how have I NOT used fabric softener. It really is glorious.
9.. December was a wash for working out. And to be honest, so was November :) As a result, I have gained.... 8 POUNDS!!! What?@#! I almost fell over when I saw that ugly little number. The weight-loss goal is actually 13 pounds. Minimum. I had 5 extra pounds that shouldn't have been there in the first place, and it is glaringly obvious the eggnog lattes and holiday snacking took their toll. Crap.
And one more for Wednesday:
This is my FAVORITE photo from the holidays.....my two handsome boys on Christmas day!








3 comments:
such a great post!
You look amazing in those photos, so you hide weight well!
We should have done another Biggest Loser competition for the year. I've got some poundage thanks to the Eggnogs at Starbucks, too. They finally got rid of the EggNog, but they brought the Vanilla Petite Scones back. I HAVE HAD 7 of them in less than 24 hours. I'm screwed!
GREAT post!! Great pics, great update, great everything. I'm making up a New Year's resolution for you -- to blog more!! :)
I love how you look dressed up (or what I call dressed up) in every pic! Do you ever look bad????? But I hear with the extra holiday lbs. Together, we can beat lattes!!!!
Post a Comment