Tuesday, January 26, 2010

10 (plus 1) on Tuesday

1.. Wow! WE BOOKED A TRIP TO MEXICO!! Woot!! Even though we have been talking about it for months, it all came down to this morning. Ralph called me with news of an UNBELIEVABLE deal, and before I knew what was happening, we were booked! We are going from March 12- 19th!!! The coolest part? We are going back to the spot where Ralph and I Honeymooned. Away we go, almost six years later, with our two beautiful children in tow! (Plus, Oma & Opa are coming too!) I can't wait!

2.. I think this sentiment will be shared by every mom on the planet......IVE REALLY HAD IT WITH COLD & FLU SEASON!!!

3.. The kids Tupperware "situation" needed revamping. I saw this idea in Parents magazine and thought it was cool......

I converted one of my big pot drawers into a kiddie drawer. Hayden can help get his own cups, and if things fall over, they don't get lost in the abyss of my deep cupboards. I have removed the straws since this photo was taken, as Olivia found those in a big hurry!

4.. Maybe the drawer conversion wasn't the greatest plan......

Actually, who am I kidding?! It keeps her busy for a few minutes. And happy. And quiet :)

5.. The basement is virtually finished! Ralph has been busting his butt, Ryan the carpet guy was here on Friday/Saturday and voila......

Ralph reminds me that there are still finishing touches to be made. The baseboards and the window trim have to be completed. We need storage bins for the toys, kid-friendly furniture (we're on the hunt for bean bag chairs that aren't a gazillion dollars) and some colorful stickers for the walls. And we ll know that's MY favorite part of renos.......redecorating!

6.. I'm having WAY TOO MUCH FUN moving all of the kids toys to the basement. The place where I don't have to clean up or look at mess. During the basement construction there were toys and stuff everywhere and the kids rooms were full. Now, bedrooms are for sleeping. And Hayden's time outs :)

7.. We need to buy a toilet, shower and floor tiles before the end of the month.....sigh. More $.

8.. I am desperately trying to finish Olivia's birthday invitations. Cupcake theme. They are super cute. **Sidenote** If anyone sees any cupcakey-themed items in their travels.....please let me know. I found plates and napkins. Need to find cupcake balloons. My husband thinks I have gone ever so slightly into the crazy category. He may be a little bit right :)

9..On that note.....Olivia is going to be ONE?@#!

10. Last Sunday was my last mini shift at work. My maternity leave benefits are done on the 30th of January. I have decided to continue working at Shoppers, but ONLY on Sundays with a shift from 8-4:30. I can live with that. Plus, I can keep my discount :) for makeup that I buy for freelance BLINK work and keep up to date with makeup trends (and adult conversation!)

11. I just realized that I need to be bikini ready in 45 days. Oh God. I'm in SERIOUS trouble. I missed fitness class last night because I'm sick. And, Ralph went to Costco and bought Sweet Maui Onion chippies, Beef Jerkey and giant delicious super high fat muffins. I'm SO screwed. Don't expect to see ANY photos of me in a bathing suit.....

5 comments:

T said...

I am so jealous that you TOO are going on a southern vacation!!! Sigh. Mexico...how awesome. You'll look killer in your bathing suit regardless if you missed a fitness class ;-)

I can't believe Olivia is almost one. Where did that year go???

Harm said...

Hahahaha you crack me up. Btw 10 on tuesday doesnt mean 11....

The Blakeneys said...

Ahhhh, Mexico. Lucky ducks. I will be living vicariously thru you. :)
And LOVE the playroom! Can we put Jak and Maguire's toys in there, too???

Harm and Eva said...

Oeee, the basement looks awesome!

I'm jealous! I want to go to Mexico too!!

Shawna said...

The basement looks great. Mexico will be great. Cupcake Birthday, also great. Have fun!