Thursday, November 05, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday

1.. I realized something after Halloween. Pumpkin seeds are just pumpkin seeds no matter how you toast them, season them or dress them up. Just stick to the back of your throat gross.

2.. I finished my first session of fitness classes. I enjoyed them and start the second session - the Bootie Blasting Bootcamp on Monday. However, I cannot seem to get lower than the 145 pound mark. I think I notice some toning changes in my body, but no weight change. Must be due to the fact I eat like a human trash can lately. Anything and everything.

3.. IT SUCKS having babies that are sick. Hayden came down with a wicked fever, cough and runny nose on Monday. It came on fast, and knocked my normally energetic boy on his cute little bum. H1N1, perhaps?? We have been housebound all week. I don't feel super hot but I'm managing to keep illness on the backburner. This morning, it was Miss Olivia's turn. Poor little snot bubbles and open mouth breathing Olivia. She's sleeping, but not soundly. All I keep hearing is a congested little cough coming from her room. Looks like the Deters' will be quarantined for awhile....

4.. How did I not discover how AWESOME it is to cook with silicone bakeware until today?@#! I made delicious chocolate chip cookie bars. (Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with the no weight loss program?!) All of my metal stuff is going bye-bye.

5.. Hayden had his yearly check up at the dentist. His teeth are pretty good. The only problem....he needs to be less independant when brushing his teeth. Good luck. This means Hayden can brush his own teeth in the morning, but Mommy or Daddy have to help brush them at night. He doesn't appreciate the step backwards.

6..Finally, a shot of Olivia's first tooth! And, just to add to the joy of having a cold.....her second tooth is coming in beside this one. Grrrrrrr!



7.. On that note....we gave Olivia a teething biscuit for the first time. I had forgotten the mess they make as they turn into wallpaper paste. Yummy!



8.. Hayden has started to color differently since he started preschool. He concentrates, and really tries to stay in the lines. He's doing a really great job, and my fridge is always covered in art. I'm so proud. Therefore, I'm not going to bother him with the fact he's holding his pencil completely wrong. He's only 3 1/2 after all.




3 comments:

Shawna said...

I hope the kids are feeling better soon. (Then it will be Mommy's turn?)

The Blakeneys said...

Poor little sickies. :( I hope your household feels better soon! In the meantime, I see a lot more colouring and cookies in your future.

T said...

Well, the good news is that if your homes has been hit with H1N1, you'll all be a LOT stronger when it's over. That's probably better than getting a shot ;-)

The pre-school artwork is awesome isn't it? And they're so proud of their little projects....who cares how they hold a pencil??? (actually, studies show that if you try to correct children on their grips before they are ready, you can do more harm than good)