1.. I'm in a funk. I'm feeling cranky and overwhelmed. Not sure how to get myself feeling OK and "myself" again. Not sure who myself is these days.....
2.. I tried to put a dent in Olivia's scrapbooking. My gear has invaded the dining room table for 2 weeks and I am finished documenting photos until the end of March. She was born in February. Eek! I LOVE scrapbooking but I am seriously thinking that I can't have a hobby until the kids are in school......but then I'l be working.....oh crap.
3.. My X-mas shopping is HALF done. Woot! I have to do it without Hayden 'cause he tells everyone what they'll be getting. Olivia can keep better secrets.
4.. Sinterklaas preparations are well underway. Between now and December 6th we have to make our surprise and write a rhyme for our secret recipient. It's always lots of fun, but we have a lot more to juggle this year since we have 2 kids to work around. Ralph and I are hosting again this year so stay tuned for the hillarious photos....
5.. I could have put the Christmas tree up last week. I am super excited because we have 2 kids to spoil this year, and Hayden "gets it" this year. He'll be beside himself excited on Christmas morning. I am also sad because we are not making the trip to Saskatoon this year. Technically, it was our turn to go but I've made the decision to be horribly selfish and stay home with my hubby and kids. I find it a bit stressful to travel and the weather can be so unpredictable. Everyone in S'toon is very disappointed. And thought it's not the same, I'll have to get the webcam up and running for the occcasion.
6.. the Rico Report. He's a menace. His latest misadventure.....he ate the seatbelt in Ralph's car.
And for dessert....the stereo speaker. His nightcap.....Hayden's Poang chair and hockey net.
7.. Olivia has two teeth, wants to stand up to the table and insists upon walking all of the time! She's power crawling and can almost sit up on her own. I almost caught myself saying that having 2 kids wasn't that bad......until she started moving!!
8.. The new Caramel Brulee latte from Starbucks is delicious. I have also had my first egg nog latte of the season.....I think they contribute to a good 5 pounds of weight gain over the holiday season.
9.. Mmmmmmm....butter. Isn't everything better with lots of it?! I made cornbread last week, which was delicious, but it's really just a conduit for the butter. This week, banana bread.
10. Ralph is working on finishing the basement. There is a very fine line between loving that you have a handy husband, and resenting him for spending his extra time working in the basement without me and the kids. We both want the playroom finished so the kids can make a mess and we don't have to look at it. I just wish I could wiggle my nose and it would be done!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
10 on Tuesday!
Posted by Karatje at 7:02 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you need a trip to the spa....guilt free! (difficult to imagine I'm sure ;-) Bring the kids over for a playdate and take off for a few hours...Ralph's health care plan covers massages doesn't it? We'll be around on Thursday afternoon if you are interested!
Totally agree with #8 & 9! YUM!
When I read #1 I almost cried! (hormones much?). I read that right after having one of my worst mom days so far. I, too, was in a major FUNK. Definitely take T up on her offer! You are the definition of super-mom, and deserve time to refuel!
Do you think #1 could be the result of EVERY OTHER NUMBER ON YOUR LIST?!? Seriously, you are one busy mama...you do A LOT. Every day. I think what you probably need more than anything is a nap!! (And a dog-sitter...) :)
Post a Comment