Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday!

1.. I did it. I got my hair chopped. I LOVE my new 'do. You'll have to wait for the unveiling....I've yet to see a picture of myself since I had it done! (And I won't tell you who inspired it 'cause I'm not even close to being as hot as she is.) Stay tuned for some photos by the Blakeney's of Big Picture....

2.. Hayden's first day of school was last Thursday. My big boy. I was so emotional and he couldn't have been more excited. He didn't even stop one second to give me a kiss or say goodbye! I was standing there thinking, "that's it?" "do I just leave?" Don't get me wrong, I'm happy there was no drama.....it is HIGHLY unusual for Mr. Hayden these days!! When I picked him up the teachers gave him a glowing report. I'm not surprised.... don't kids always act better when they aren't around their parents?! (Hayden did tell me that there were kids who cried the whole class and he didn't like it.) On Tuesday, he actually ran up and gave one of his teachers a big hello hug. I would say that he is adjusting to preschool just fine.


3.. The reason I put Hayden in a morning preschool program (8:45-10:45....eek!) was so that he could continue to nap. HA! Hayden is now graduated to being a non-napper. Ever since we went on holidays he has stopped giving me 2 hours of solace. Damn. I can't get anything done!! And.... I really miss watching my one daytime TV indulgence.....ellen.

4.. Step one - cute new haircut. Step two - fitness class. I had my first session on Monday and it was brutal! I am SO out of shape!! It did motivate me to get my ass in gear.....and I even entertained the thought of signing up for another class mid-week. How do people find/make the time to work out every day??

5.. Is anyone else able to conjure baby cries while they are in the shower? If I am home alone with the kids and I have a shower, I always swear that I can hear Olivia crying. When I step out of the shower.....silence.

6.. Oh, sweet and delicious Taber corn.


7.. Am I horrible for calling the City of Calgary about a neighbor? The corner house on our cul-de-sac is FULL of weeds.....knee high weeds from front to back of the property. And, they killed the free tree from the builder because they didn't water it. EVER. Their house is the first one people see when they drive in to our street, and it's awful! They have 14 days to clean up. At the very least mow or spray killex or something. I'm counting.

8.. Olivia's food explorations have been pretty easy. She loves all kinds of cereal. She loves mashed banana, sweet potato and butternut squash. She's not a big fan of applesauce.




9.. On that note.....Olivia is queen of the poo-splosion. There isn't a day that goes by without her having a major blow-out. Her clothes are never safe. Makes you wonder what babies actually retain from their food.....

10. I have OCD about my kleenex boxes. They have to match the decor of the room they are in. Don't ask me why. And I get really excited if I find a cool new pattern. It's just one of my MANY neuroses.

11. We are the proud owners of a new king sized bed!! I LOVE it. Ralph and I were having a debate about making the bed. He likes it to be neatly made every day. I love the look of a messy, tossed around, well-slept-in bed. To me, in this case ONLY, messy is more appealing. Weird.

12. I think I need a new clock. I love the one we have (we got it as a housewarming present in our first house from Tessa & Scott) because it suits us. But it's not keeping time no matter how many times I change the battery. And it really screws me up 'cause it's the one I always look at!

13. Look at my silly children. They are little hams and they make me laugh.


14. Still no teeth.......and teething sucks.

15. I could have bought at least 17 cards in Paper Roots today. Their "eclectic" collection can usually make me laugh out loud. Nothing like a card that says; "I'm glad you found each other, cause I thought you would die alone" or the sentimental; "Happy Birthday, douchebag." I have a twisted sense of humor but maybe the recipients would find these more offensive than funny?!

16. Ralph leaves for Germany on Saturday. I've been giving him a really hard time about it 'cause it's tough on me when he's gone. It's ALL ME. No helper coming home at 5p. I guess I should remember that he is going away on business, and it's not easy for him either.

1 comments:

T said...

As much as I love all that info in one blog post....there is TOO MUCH to comment on. As I read I have many different reactions, but then I get to the end and I can't remember all my thoughts ;-)

But I will try.

Awesome hair cut.

So glad Hayden adjusted to preschool, I'm sure he'll love it and the little crafts you get at the holidays are heart warming.

I too try to match my kleenex boxes (that's not unusual is it?) Sobey's has cool ones sometimes.

King sized bed. Probably one of the best purchases you can ever make in life. Really.

As usual, your kids are uber adorable!