Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday....that I started on Tuesday!

1. How on earth is it April 8th already?! Hayden turns 3 in just 10 days......whoa.

2. Olivia had her (almost) 6 week check up on Monday. My "little" girl weighed in at 13 lbs 5 oz!
I rally do produce whipping cream! She grew 1 whole cm and is now 57 cm long. I thought she had grown more....though the "put her head on the line and we'll stretch her out" measuring method is not extremely accurate. I just know she's growing out through the toes of her 0-3 month sleepers. The Dr.'s only "concern" was that she has a belly button hernia. Never heard of it.....but freaking out 'cause my baby girl has a hernia?! I guess it's common, nothing to worry about, the end.

3. I think Olivia is already tired of having the camera constantly in her face!! Better get used to it honey.....I just spent a TON of cash at Michael's on nearly every cutesy pink scrapbooking item I could get my hands on!!


4. Hayden is a chatterbox. He is NEVER quiet. This is exhausting.....but also hilarious. Some of the things that come out of his mouth are priceless. He makes people laugh wherever we go because of the things that he says.....and the best things are usually right on cue.....like when he names who has a penis and who has a 'gina. You just have to laugh. I think his vocabulary and full sentences grow every day.

5. Has anyone else tried to handprint/footprint their babies?? Good grief. I think I had more bright pink ink on me than on Olivia!! The feet were pretty easy.....but try and unclench a baby's fist....forget about it.

6. Last night was Olivia's first night in HER room. I was a bit anxious because she looks so small in that big crib, but she has been sleeping one good 4-5 1/2 hour stretch so I figured it was time. And, she slept a lot during the day (maybe another growth spurt?) so I wasn't sure how the night would go. I heard her make every little noise through the monitor, but she did great! She was in bed at 10:45 and slept until 3:45. Then she was up again at 6:15. I can live with that!

7. I desperately need a hair cut. I need to be that hot new mama.....not the girl with the split ends because her hair is in a ponytail every single day of her life. I don't want to be cute anymore either. I am the 34 year old mother of two. I'm passed cute.

8. I feel like I say "no" about 87 times a day. I've read somewhere that you shouldn't.....but it's such a short and easy way to get your point across. Poor Hayden. I even get sick of hearing my own voice lately. Supermom, I am not. Help. I think I need to lock myself in a room and read my new book...."Honey, I Wrecked The Kids."

9. I NEED to go shower. It may be TMI, but it's been days....many days. Why can't I make the time?

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Get yourself a hot new haircut, make time for a relaxing bath, and give yourself a break, sweetie. You are doing GREAT!!!

T said...

You've always been a hot mom!