Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's days like this.....

.....I am an emotional
basket-case
of a mom.

I was crying as I put Hayden to bed tonight.
This is the first time he has
been sick (and have his first prescription) and it is awful.
Shivering from fever, looking up at me with watery eyes,
saying "seep-eeze" and pointing to his bed.

For a child with so much energy to be so wiped out....
it breaks my heart.
I just cried because I felt so bad,
and so helpless.


I did snuggle him for most of the day,
and I'm praying that he has a good sleep tonight
and feels a million times better
in the morning.

3 comments:

www.erinkelly.ca said...

GET WELL SOON HAYDEN! We are praying for you. And we know you have the world's best mommy to take of you, so you are in good hands and heart.

We love you Deters family!

The Blakeneys said...

Poor little monkey. But you can't keep a good little dude down -- I'm sure he'll be back up and running around in no time!!

Amanda said...

Sending 'Get Well' hugs to Hayden.