Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More than 10 on Tuesday

1.. Hayden had his first day of pre-Kindy last Wednesday!! He was pretty excited to put his new backpack on and get going. I could barely get him to stand still long enough to snap these photos.....and he was out the door!

Olivia was very proud of her big brother on such a momentous day :)

I'm not sure what I expected when I dropped him off. A hug? A kiss? A tear?? HA!!
He didn't even look back as he ran into the room for circle time.
I got a courtesy wave and a see ya later.....don't let the door hit you on the way out :)
His teachers are awesome and I think we're going to have a great year.

2.. My daughter is a diva.

(Or Elton John's long lost granddaughter!)
She wore her sunglasses ALL DAY.
All in the name of fashion considering the rainy weather.

3.. Hayden has a favorite new word. "Possibility."
I have no idea where he got it from.
(Olivia thinks it's a pretty funny word too!)



4.. Ralph and I rented the first season of LOST.
For whatever reason, we didn't get into it when it was on TV.
Not sure how because it is sooooooo addictive!!
There are brief moments when I regret starting this crazy series.....
but for right now its real, real good :)

5.. I have had a headache for 3 weeks. I'm not kidding.
I keep telling myself it's not a tumor.

6.. We went to Aussie Rules for Miss Jennifer's birthday on Saturday night.
We had a total RIOT!
I'm not sure how I have never been there before,
but I can tell you that I will definitely go back.
Maybe for my birthday in February?!


7.. I was joking with Hayden when I said he needed to stop growing.
He replied; "I'm sorry Mommy."
Seriously though.....what did he eat this Summer??
Nothing fits him from last year = fun new clothes shopping for Hayden.
Who am I kidding. It's only fun for Mommy :)

8.. It is really feeling like Fall and I didn't want to admit it.
But I caved and had my first Pumpkin Spice latte of the season. Delish!
Now all I need is some sweaters, fun new boots
and maybe a cool new jacket and I'm all set.
Again with the shopping.....sorry honey :)

9.. Does anyone else feel pressure to come up with a really cool
Halloween costume for their kids?
I have NO ideas this year.
At one point, Hayden said he wanted to be a ghost.
Somehow, I know he'll change his mind and want to be something
far more complicated.

10. Olivia has peed on the potty twice! Woo hoo!
I am not under any illusion that she is "potty training" but I think
it's pretty cool that she is starting to "get it."
Today, she closed the door in my face and demanded some privacy.
When I opened the door she was pointing at the potty,
big smile on her face, saying "poop!"
Just a little pee (anything that comes out of her is "poop")
but progress all the same.

12. I need to make banana bread out of the ugly black bananas on the counter!
Nothing better that rainy day baking.......
except, that is, the delicious banana bread french toast that
I'll be whipping up the next morning :)

13. I have to remember how cute my kids look
when they are driving me BONKERS
on these rainy days spent inside!

Believe me, they only look like angels :)

5 comments:

The Blakeneys said...

That video is AWESOME! I think I watched it about a dozen times. Your kids are cute -- I love Hayden's back to school look and Miss Olivia's diva-ness. LOVE.

Great update!

(PS - go to the doctor...)

Shawna said...

One day, we will all only remember the cuteness, not the bonkers or headaches. I am now craving banana bread french toast, so thanks for that! I wouldn't be surprised if Olivia trained herself before she's 2.

T said...

As a devoted reader to this blog can I make one small suggestion? You have so much stuff to report on each entry and there is so much I want to comment on, but it would take up a whole page! So I will limit myself this time, but I'm begging you
....space.....it......out..... :-)

So, the video? So so cute. I can't believe that Olivia can come that close to saying such a hard word. Well done! And the glasses. Forget about it. Beyond cute!

Also can't believe that you are JUST now getting into Lost! I watched the whole series from beginning to end and I love it so much I am going to order the complete box set and watch it all over again. I kind of miss how I felt at the beginning when everything was still a big question mark.

And yes, Halloween costumes? If only my kids could want to be something EASY!!!

Amanda said...

I agree with T...too much to comment on! But that video...priceless.

Jennifer said...

Don't get me started on Lost...
Glad to hear Pre-K is a success, here is to a break for us Mommies.