Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Here's what we've been up to lately......

.....and boy, have we been busy!

We've been getting up REALLY early to watch
soccer with Daddy.
Why does Holland have to play at
5:30 in the morning?@#!

But we've been really good sports and worn our
orange gear to support the team!

We've been playing at our sand and water table every day!
I'm not sure I thought it through from
a parental perspective when I
told my sister this would be a great gift for Hayden.
I take that back.
Hayden yes.....Olivia not so much!!

The sand lasted only 1 day (but many meltdowns)
over not bringing the sand in the house!
It has become a water ONLY table for now :)

Hayden finished his first season of soccer.
It was too short.
I think they only had 8 practices.

their last game was hilarious......
they followed each other around the field
like little sheep!




We went to Calaway Park (for the first time
this season) with our friends
Darryl & Megan, and their kids Charlotte & Devin.
What a hoot!
Olivia got her first taste of ride excitement
and Hayden wanted to go on
EVERYTHING!
Thank goodness we avoided massive line-ups.




We've been eating lots of popsicles!
These ones are made out of Minigo....yet another
"what was I thinking?" moment!



Minigo = messy
1/2 Frozen and 1/2 melty minigo = SUPER messy!
Still cute :)

Up next for the Deters......
Camping, "Saskatooning" and Stampeding, oh my!

2 comments:

Harm said...

I LOVE the first pic with Ralph and Olivia :D

T said...

You actually wake up ON PURPOSE at 5:30 AM? That's crazy to me, but I guess I'm not a true fan.....of anything really at that early hour!

Sand. That really is the 4 letter word around my house. If my kids didn't love it so much I would rip it out of the yard for sure.