Wednesday, August 12, 2009

10 on Tuesday......on Wednesday!

1. We just got back from our annual Summer visit to Saskatoon! This is the first time we have traveled such a distance with 2 kids (and a dog!) and everyone did great! We left late in the afternoon last Thursday so we didn't arrive into Saskatoon until 10:40p .....it's a much longer trip when you have to stop three times for things like pee breaks, snacks and breastfeeding! The kids weren't in bed until midnight...GASP!....but slept through the night and didn't miss a beat. PHEW! We literally 'invaded' my parents condo, and I know they are not used to so much clutter!! Mom and Dad graciously gave up their delightful king size bed to us, and we stayed in their room with Miss Olivia. Hayden had the Queen sized bed in the spare room, and Mom and Dad insisted on taking the pull out bed in the basement. Is that love or what?! The first couple of days were kinda rainy, but there were lots of fix-it projects to keep Ralph busy. The boys played 2 rounds of golf when the sun came out for the weekend, and we did lots of visiting with family. We had lots of fun, played the annual beanbag tournament and enjoyed MANY happy hour libations!

2. My Uncle Mike, Auntie Eleanor and cousin Kimberleigh were visiting from Ontario. My Uncle Tim, from Calgary, was in Saskatoon at the same time! We all got together on Thursday night and had a nice little visit.

My Grandma Pearl and her three boys.....my Dad, my Uncle Tim and my Uncle Mike.

The four Gould generations.....Grandma, Dad, Me and Olivia!

3. The boys golfed on Saturday so I took the kids to see my other Grandma. They are so lucky to have two Great-Grandmas to snuggle with!!

Great Grandma Faye (my Mom's mom)

Great Grandma Pearl (my Dad's mom)

My Grandma couldn't wait to get her hands
on Olivia for the first time!
What a couple of supermodels.

4. Sunday marked the annual visit to Kinsmen Park. They have a couple of rides and a great park for the kids to play. We were there nice and early to enjoy the sunshine!

Hayden was getting naked before we even reached the wading pool!
He bounced back and forth between the water
and the cool playground.

Olivia looked pretty tiny in the baby Lay-Z boy swing!

Chillin' with Daddy

This Merry-go-round has the craziest characters on it.....
not just Ralph and Hayden!!
You can ride a rooster, bunny, antelope,
elephant or horse. Creepy.

Olivia wasn't sure what to think of the train ride
but Hayden LOVED it!
We rode it 3 times, and each time was as exciting
as the next to him!!

Olivia looks a bit like a stunned fisherman....
but all in all, a pretty good pic!

Mommy and her babies.

5. My Dad bought me a shiny new Pontiac Solstice.......HA! I only wish this was my new toy!!


Dad and I drove over to my sister's new house for a visit
and he let me race....I mean drive.....home!
I have never driven a sports car before and I had a BLAST!
I think it looks good on me....

Snuggles with Grandpa....

....and Grandma.

Being silly with Daddy.

6. The Rico Report. My ears are almost standing. I only had one accident on Grandma and Grandpa's carpet. I only helped myself to treats from the pantry once. I only ate some toilet paper. And a kleenex....or five.


7. I think I gained at least 5 pounds. Why is it that all healthy eating habits fly out the window the moment I enter my parents house? I must have really been in holiday mode.....as I am every time I go home.....and ate WAY too much.

8. I noticed an old firetruck for sale outside of Flaxcombe. How cool would that be?! I joked that I would like to buy it and drive it home.....I wonder if I would need a special license? A few kilometers later we noticed a tractor for sale. Ralph joked he would buy it and then we could race home. Wouldn't we be the talk of the neighborhood.

9. Olivia is teething. She is a drooly, snotty, bum-rashy mess. I can't really call her cranky though she is a bit 'off.' Can't wait to see which little fang pops up first. I'm sure she'll be happier when it finally pokes through too!

10. The trip home was a success with the kids. We are lucky they travel so well....so far. Hayden watched some movies and Olivia was content to play or sleep. The only disappointing part of the trip is that Ralph developed a wicked 'Air Conditioning' cold. I love the cool house and car when it's so hot outside but it doesn't agree with Ralph!

11. Happy Birthday Grandma!! XOXO Sorry we had to leave town on your actual Birthday :(

3 comments:

T said...

Wow, so many great pics. The one with the 4 generations is really sweet, as is the one with you and the boys.

The one in the car is a little scary, you almost look too comfortable ;-)

Sounds like you guys had a nice break.

Harm said...

When you get to Holland you can drive my car ;) Also a 2 seater and sort of convertible ;)

Looks like you had heaps of fun :)

The Blakeneys said...

Great family photos!! Looks like a busy, fun trip. (Glad you are back, though!) And that shot of you in the sports car proves one thing -- you gotta get one! You look like a natural.